Notices

Saw myself having a seizure

Old 06-09-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saw myself having a seizure

It happened after I was at the store. I went through the gates to my apartment, and according to cuts on my nose, lip, ear (nothing serious), I apparently fell face first into the concrete.

I live in an apartment adjacent to my parents house, they noticed it, and came to my aid.

Now, what I mean by that I saw myself, is that I have a camera in my hallway, which records when it detects motion. Watching it, I saw I was totally gone - for some reason it appeared I wanted to go back out, and not back home. I can't remember any of it. Apparently, I was delirious.

My parents called the ER and two EMTs and a doctor came to my apartment... At that point I was 'okay'. Still frightened of what had happened though,

When I 'came out' of the seizure, I was sitting in my couch. My dad was also there and explained. This I remember, but at first I didn't understand a thing... "What the hell happened?" "Where are my groceries?" "Why are you here, dad?"

Withdrawals is scary stuff...
Old 06-09-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that Polaroid. What happened to the inpatient program you were going to enter last time you were here?
Old 06-09-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, Polaroid, that is scary. I'm glad you're ok. Withdrawals are horrible. I'm just starting day 5, my days have felt miserable, but I haven't had any seizures.

I hope you keep us posted on how you are. We're all here to help each other so that we don't end up back in the same place.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Scary stuff! I have been unfortunate to have a withdrawal seizure myself. I don't remember anything during it and it did take a while to reorient myself after. I do recall "seeing" a bright multi color square right in the center of my vision right before it happened. Did you see anything like that?
Best wishes, I am almost happy i had one as i will never touch another drop. I believe i have "kindled" as they say and even a tiny bit will forever be danger for me.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this. I was reading your post as I waited for a meeting to start...a meeting I just barely forced myself to go to and was sort of thinking of leaving. I did not think of leaving after reading this!
Old 06-09-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Sorry to hear that Polaroid. What happened to the inpatient program you were going to enter last time you were here?
That rehab facility was just not for me.

The strict rule of not being allowed having a laptop or a phone in your room was pretty much a deal breaker. I'm a computer nerd... I do have a lot of online stuff to maintain (cloud nodes, websites, banking, etc), so I left the same day.

Originally Posted by Apri
Scary stuff! I have been unfortunate to have a withdrawal seizure myself. I don't remember anything during it and it did take a while to reorient myself after. I do recall "seeing" a bright multi color square right in the center of my vision right before it happened. Did you see anything like that?
Best wishes, I am almost happy i had one as i will never touch another drop. I believe i have "kindled" as they say and even a tiny bit will forever be danger for me.
Yeah, I have definitely kindled as well.9 years ago it was just like.... a hangover, like normal(non-alcoholic) people feel.

Though with me, the withdrawals have become worse and worse, a result of kindling, probably, and they will stay on that path if I continue my destructive path.

And to answer your question, no.... I don't see anything before. No forewarning at all. It just happens. I've had maybe 12 seizures now. I've been tested for epilepsy, but no. It's the damn alcohol.

Originally Posted by BrianK
Thank you for sharing this. I was reading your post as I waited for a meeting to start...a meeting I just barely forced myself to go to and was sort of thinking of leaving. I did not think of leaving after reading this!
Well, I'm glad my post encouraged you.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So Polaroid, you know that you're playing Russian Roulette every time you pick up a drink, right? You've likely sensitized your system to rapid changes in neurotransmitter levels associated with drinking alcohol and abruptly stopping.

Taking a drink is like pushing the seizure button; just you don't know how long the response time will be.

I'm the same. If I drink, I'm risking everything from seizures to homelessness to just plain death. It's not worth it, my friend.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Polaroid..how long were you without alcohol when this seizure happened?
Old 06-09-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry the rehab facility wasn't for you Polaroid. I can understand the rule tho - the internet can be a distraction, sometimes even a hindrance, to the focus one needs in early recovery.

So if rehabs out, and drinking needs to be out - whats your plan now man?

D
Old 06-09-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
That rehab facility was just not for me.
Sorry to hear that. Do you view your drinking as a serious enough problem that you are going to seek another rehab? You are way past the point of being able to detox safely on your own, and while it sounds dramatic you might end up dead the next time you try it, literally.

It's understandable that there might have been some things about the rehab that you didn't like, but to be honest it's probably the fact that you can't drink that was the most "not for you" part of it. At least for your addiction.

I do hope you make the choice to seek help before it's too late, there have been several threads about people who have died as a result of their drinking since the last time you were here on the site back in April, hope you don't end up like them.