Court Update

Old 05-29-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Court Update

soooo.... after much delay, Mr. Wonderful's case was officially transferred from criminal to drug court. The new prosecutor called me yesterday to let me know they'd had his plea date in drug court that morning. He did plead guilty to 4 counts of theft related to me (and one count related to someone else). He's agreed to make restitution for the full amount I submitted. He's got a prison sentence that's waived to attend drug court for five years. But if he screws up drug court, he goes away for 4 years. He's still in jail; he's going to be released to a halfway house rather than just set totally free. So as soon as there is a spot for him in the approved HH, they'll schedule sentencing and he'll go from court to the HH. Lots of hoops for him to jump through there, plus a nice, early curfew every night. I'm getting a no-contact order for myself and my address.

The prosecutor wants me to attend sentencing and tell the judge the things I told her on the phone a few weeks ago. I'm dumping the statement that I wrote and published here. The prosecutor guided me about what I need to address to the Judge. And I realized that with the plea deal and restitution being part of the mandate, there's a lot less I need to say. I did like what I wrote. Maybe it was helpful enough just getting it on paper and then sharing it here.

So in just about four weeks this will be OVER! I felt a real weight off my shoulders after yesterday's phone call. Mostly I'm so happy he's going to monitored in the halfway house and if he tries to contact me or comes in my neighborhood, it's a violation of the no-contact order and I'm supposed to call 911. No problem!

Sorry to anyone who has no idea what this is about, but I felt I owed this final chapter to those who have followed this saga for a year+ and have been encouraging to me. THANK YOU!

On another good note, today is my son's one-year anniversary at his current full time job :-) He works his butt off and he's often crabby and miserable about it, but I reminded him to think of where his life was two years ago vs where it is now. He's come so far!

Have a lovely evening, all.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds great! Thanks for the update.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations. It is wonderful to hear when all the hard work you have done pays off.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Green Chair....this is wonderful news! You have went through so much with all of this. I am so happy that it's FINALLY coming to an end for you!!!!

Big happy hugs!