the mailbox is full....

Old 03-04-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the mailbox is full....

Is this a symptom of active addiction?
I guess I know the answer, but having almost no contact with my son, I try every now and then when it makes sense to me to reach out. Texts go ignored for the most part, although he will text when he has good news to share about work. Other than that, radio silence.
Phone always goes to voicemail, and the mailbox is always full. I suppose no one else can reach him either?
Just wanted to know if everyone else experiences this with their alcoholic loved ones too. Is this typical of isolating behavior?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

not sure you can attribute phone management preferences to addiction. some folks just don't bother or care. phone is for outbound use only.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sounds like my Eddie Lee . will not call and talk to his Mom.. makes me sad.. why... kids I wish I knew.... addiction and drugs drink or whatever you are stuck with.. why they do what they do we will never know.. prayers.. send him a note say I have dinner ready come over and eat you have to eat. Love Mom.. miss my kids too. but work pulls them so far and away.. love a Mom. come have dinner the table is set and there is an extra chair.. Love Mom..
Old 03-04-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

My mailbox has been full. So has my counselor's. There can be various reasons for having a full mailbox. Life happens.

seekingcalm, when someone else isn't responding, often the best thing we can do is simply find ways to connect with healthy people and enjoy life. More will be revealed.