Notices

38 Days Clean

Old 02-24-2019, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

38 Days Clean

I am 38 days clean. I have not been on here for awhile. I have posted before but I have not been on here for about 4 years or more. I am in a rehab facility. I am going to do a year of sober living this time instead of trying to do it on my own. I am going to work the 12-steps with a sponsor. I am doing everything that I can to get help this time and I am doing it for myself and not for anyone else. I have been to rehab 2 times and I left the first one early because I was there for my girlfriend at the time and my family. If you guys could give me anymore advice, I would appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 38 days clean. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to take care of yourself. I hope you continue to read and post here when you are able.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Keep us updated.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good start! Read and post here a lot. Find the thread about having a plan and make yourself one.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you made a great decision. I wish you the best!! Please keep us updated.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have no advice for you, as it sounds like you know what you need to do and are fully committed to it. Well done. I'm one of those who "got and stayed" sober without AA, a "program", or any of that. Yet, I am fascinated with the idea of those things, and am considering attending an AA meeting just out of interest. Good luck, my friend.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, 38 days is awesome and I am so glad you have a detailed plan. Keep going and I am certain you will see the rewards.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time! It seems like you are stronger this go around, and you are doing this for yourself, not anyone else. This is so important! The important thing is after you have completed rehab, even when you feel strong, you continue to practice your sobriety every day. Do not let complacency set in. It’s like weight loss and exercise. Once people lose weight, they need to stay on a maintenance program to keep it off.

Long term sobriety takes changes in thoughts, behaviors, habits, and lifestyle. I did individual therapy for a while in the beginning, and it has really helped me.

Stay strong and hope to see you around here.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I wish you the best on your sober journey. It helps my sobriety to practice gratitude every day.