Divorce

Old 02-11-2019, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce

I finally got through my divorce. 1.7 years after I separated. It definitely is a mixed bag of emotions. I was in trial . It was rough but I stood tall and stood in my dignity. I saw first hand how emotionally detached my exAH was from me. It was like seeing him for the first time without a fog and I saw the materialistic person in him snarling at me. He was more concerned about his "stuff" that I had taken from the house which included some towels and bedsheets rather than have any emotions about his marriage ending. He of course had started dating someone 3 months after I had left and I never heard from him . I am making peace with all of it and accepting him for what he showed me. He also tried saying that I had married him for money. Which I wanted to now laugh at considering that I was the one working a full time job, cooking fresh food for him everyday, walking the dog, managing all the household chores singlehandedly while he sat there like an entitled person , too good looking to ever help with anything. He still is in denial about his alcohol issue but that's for him to deal with. I am done with him and am so looking forward to what lies ahead for me. I am so so so glad to be out of that pain and living on the edge every Friday not knowing what the weekend would bring.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are free now, Raindrops, and I wish you continuing growth, learning and healing.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, I am glad you are free from that situation, in the legal sense. Which gives you the room to be done with it and really heal. It's baffling that he cannot take any responsibility, and yet...it's really not. Him finding a new partner and not doing any self reflection is sad. I am glad it's not your problem anymore. It sounds like you gave an awful lot, and he enjoys the victim role. Wishing you continued realization of peace.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got divorced after 21 years of existing in a marriage with the wrong person, as did my AXW.

We both married when we were young, drunk all the time, immature and foolish.

We got divorced in 1 day without any harsh words or recriminations.

I wish her nothing but the best and I am confident she wishes me the same.

I tell people that divorce should be a sacrament.

I'm glad you are free of the yoke and burden of your AXH.