Notices

Still at rock bottom with no hope in sight

Old 02-10-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still at rock bottom with no hope in sight

Back again had no money so had to steal my beers for today ment to be at work tomorrow to keep my job but I will be in a bad way with the withdrawal. How do use manage I can't beat this disease think I'm destined to keep going the way I am until I don't wake up one day maybe that's what I deserve for all the **** if causex
Old 02-10-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should get rid of the beer and try to stay sober for the rest of the day. That way tomorrow at work will be better. If you are concerned about withdrawals, go to an ER or talk to your dr.

You are not destined to die from this disease and you can beat it, just as many of us here have. Come up with a plan as to how get through each day sober. Consider AA or SMART meetings as a support. Keep posting here to help you stay inspired.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have often felt the same way. I think about drinking myself into oblivion. Unfortunately, I keep on waking up and attempting to get sober again. Then I get my self-awareness back and decide to change things.

You have to detox sometime. I just went through withdrawal. I just holed up inside, prepared for a week of hell.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You aren't destined to die a drunk unless you let it happen.

Drinking makes us feel hopeless and depressed. I hope you'll stop drinking and give sobriety a good try. Your life is worth the effort.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Alex
How do use manage I can't beat this disease
I had to do more than simply obtaining todays beer, really.

I had to feed that part of me that wanted to stop, not the part that wanted or needed to get wasted.

I had to expend some energy on change.

You can leave rock bottom - if you want to...and you make choice s based on you wanting to change.

I hope you decide not to drink tomorrow - go see a Dr or something maybe?

D
Old 02-10-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There is hope in sight, you just can't see it cause you're still drinking. Get sober for a while and it's amazing how much better you'll feel.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

As far as the idea of drinking yourself to death goes, it's not something that you need to try, and death from alcoholism is usually a drawn out and miserable path. I know that from my own experience and don't know why I was thinking it would work. Pulling away from the daily grief that comes from drinking in addiction on the other hand is a choice that is open to you. If you think you are ready to quit your present experience you have to work for it and reinforce it by continuous effort. That sounds pretty daunting, and it is not a cake walk for most of us. There are a lot of things that you can do to begin that change ...
Old 02-11-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How are you today Alex?
Did you make it in to work?