Happy Sunday

Old 01-06-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Happy Sunday

Happy Sunday, everyone!

>> How are you doing today?

After meditation this morning, self-care, healthy family connections and really good nutrients were coming up for me.

FROG acronym: Fully Relying On God

Finding a deeper connection to God in yoga classes.

Yesterday one of my healthy family connections was simply having the idea of stopping at a certain store. A long-time family friend was there. We caught up on many things in a very short time while waiting in line together. His long-time girlfriend was with him. He's young and has long-term recovery from alcoholism. Life is good.

#thankyougod
#healthyconnections
Old 01-27-2019, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

FROG acronym: Fully Relying On God

This is at the forefront after meditation this morning. I'm going to an Al-anon meeting. I'm going to be late and I'm usually okay with that. I was planning on leaving earlier -- Good Obvious Direction and my gut intinct keep showing me it's not time to leave yet. I've had really good experiences with self-acceptance, acceptance from others and hearing exactly what I need to hear in very obvious timing with arriving "right on time" after a meeting has started.

Today I'm resistant to it, afraid of being judged, of doing things 'wrong', of not being enough.

Seems like a really good time to get to a meeting!

Yesterday was full of God-signs and really good, healthy connections. I'll keep trusting in this. I'm out of my comfort zone this morning, and this is where I find really good things.

"All the joy and happiness I will ever want are right outside my comfort zone."
Old 01-27-2019, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"not being enough."

I feel this every day. I still feel like I wasnt enough. I had everything before i met him. My mine messes with me and I constantly wonder, why wasnt i enough. Why was a $2 (bar price) can of cheap crappy beer more important than me? For a while I kept thinging my value was less than $2. I guess my mind goes back to thatvat times but, i inside i know im worth more.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kna810 View Post
"not being enough."

I feel this every day. I still feel like I wasnt enough. I had everything before i met him. My mine messes with me and I constantly wonder, why wasnt i enough. Why was a $2 (bar price) can of cheap crappy beer more important than me? For a while I kept thinging my value was less than $2. I guess my mind goes back to thatvat times but, i inside i know im worth more.
lts not than a cheap can of beer was worth more than you..it was all HE was worth x
Old 01-27-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's a false equivalency. His addiction has nothing to do with your worth or value. It's bigger than both of you. Personalizing it in this way can be very hard on your self-esteem.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kna810 View Post
"not being enough."

Absolutely what SK said - it's not you and not about you at all.