always moving forward

Old 12-24-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

always moving forward

I know the advice is always to stay away from social media but I like looking at my facebook memories(except when they show me pictures of my dog that passed in February). Anyway, I was looking at the memories and seeing the things I posted over the last several years and while sometimes I panic, and sometimes I feel emotionally all over the place. I've made some progress this year. And really only the last few months because I've only been going to al anon since June or July.

Last night AH said "You're really going to make me attend this family function without alcohol?" (we're going to his uncles house (on Christmas eve) to play board games and eat junk food) I said "you can choose to drink if you want, you can choose to stay home, you can choose to stay home AND drink if you'd like. It's up to you. " He said nothing else about it. Why oh why can I not respond like that every time?

Merry Christmas to everyone here. I hope everyone's Christmas is peaceful.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Merry Christmas! Thank you.

There's many ways to explore the world.

Social media is something I use with care as I'm choosing to creating space of my own - socially and in other ways.

Last week I deleted all my Pinterest boards as a personal thing, freeing up room [spiritually] for new ideas, likes and inspiration.

I was also drawn to some past photos today. I'm making use of Google photos and it's really good to move forward in seeing my life with a new view!

Trust your gut instincts. One day at a time. There can be an easy ebb and flow.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe don't worry about 'every' time. Be proud of how you responded this time, and then prepare for next time. Deal with the rest when it happens.

I think your answer was fantastic. Happy holidays to you and yours.