Notices

Day 5

Old 11-17-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

6 days sober!...finally I wake up feeling great...I like this feeling!...alcohol can make you take feeling good in the morning for granted...I have no headache, I feel perked up and ready for som breakfast and to go to the gym. I have no regrets from being out drinking on a Friday night either...it’s just 6 days but I’m enjoying this!! Thanks for the SR support
Old 11-17-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Off a day on the title as today is the start of day 6
Old 11-17-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toughroad1209 View Post
6 days sober!...finally I wake up feeling great...I like this feeling!...alcohol can make you take feeling good in the morning for granted...I have no headache, I feel perked up and ready for som breakfast and to go to the gym. I have no regrets from being out drinking on a Friday night either...it’s just 6 days but I’m enjoying this!! Thanks for the SR support
That's the ticket! Eventually, feeling great will become the norm. You will wake up every morning feeling great, but it won't be a big deal. Let's hope this won't be a problem.

When I first started, I kept hearing about the "pink cloud," the place where those new to sobriety go when they first realize they can stay sober, but the description was usually followed by a caution: "It only lasts for a week."

My pink cloud actually lasted for months, but as predicted, it didn't last. I console myself by saying, "No it really did last, and I'm still on it. It's just that feeling like a million bucks is now the new norm."
Old 11-17-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

great going! I never recall a morning where I woke up and said, 'I'm sure glad I drank last night'.
But now, I give thanks in the morning because I didn't drink last night.
And remember, you never have to drink again.
Best to you.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Tough,

Went out last night to the more drunk part of town for a rock show.

As my sobriety has increased I really feel for those that are addicted.

It is such a bad look. Glazed eyes, self absorbed, loud, inconsiderate, aggressive, angry, disheveled, slurred words, spending $15 a drink, having to drive home drunk, sleep like hell, dehydrated, wake up feeling like hell, lay around all day, have to face the family like that, anxiety, obsession, regret, health damage, brain damage, weak. Craving like a crack head.

No thanks!

Gratitude.

When the brain says I have been good it is time to drink...that is when the battle begins.

Getting through 99.99% of those moments for the last 4 years is like a badge of honor tattooed on my heart that I wear strong and proud.

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Tough,

Went out last night to the more drunk part of town forma rock show.

It is such a bad look. Glazed eyes, self absorbed, loud, inconsiderate, disheveled, slurred words, spendign $15 a drink, have to drive home drunk, wake up feeling like hell, anxiety, obsession, regret, health damage, brain damage, weak.
Thanks.
I know I already punched the "thanks" icon, but this really resonates with me. I'm affected by drunks the same way. It kind of feels like compassion, but not quite. I know they can choose a different path. It's not the same as seeing someone with a crippling disease that is beyond their control, but I am saddened. It's like I know an important secret, but I can't tell them what it is.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

6 days - wonderful news, Toughroad. Love your attitude.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Toughroad, Great job on six days! Friday evenings have been difficult for me. It really helps knowing that the reward for not drinking Friday will be paid in spades just 12 hours later when I wake up Saturday morning feeling great.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

EarIy day freshness is amazing, i agree with you. but i suggest you prepare for the emotional boulder that's about to hit you. ( depending on how far your addiction progressed)
Old 11-17-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
great going! I never recall a morning where I woke up and said, 'I'm sure glad I drank last night'.
But now, I give thanks in the morning because I didn't drink last night.
And remember, you never have to drink again.
Best to you.
i went out last night. I've gone out a lot lately. I am even In therapy and lying to my therapist about my drinking. But today I woke up immersed in regret and feeling horrible physically. I thought I'd get on here and read through some of this and so much of it resonates with me. But your comment "remember you never have to drink again" made me feel such comfort. For the first time I thought, wait, I do have the choice to say no. Anyway, I am seeking a sober life. Just not sure where to start. My husband doesn't think I have a problem, so I don't know how to talk about it with him. Any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Tough,

Went out last night to the more drunk part of town for a rock show.

It is such a bad look. Glazed eyes, self absorbed, loud, inconsiderate, aggressive, angry, disheveled, slurred words, spending $15 a drink, having to drive home drunk, sleep like hell, dehydrated, wake up feeling like hell, lay around all day, have to face the family like that, anxiety, obsession, regret, health damage, brain damage, weak. Craving like a crack head.

No thanks!

Gratitude.

When the brain says I have been good it is time to drink...that is when the battle begins.

Getting through 99.99% of those moments for the last 4 years is like a badge of honor tattooed on my heart that I wear strong and proud.

Thanks.
That’s great going D122y!

To be strong in a drinking environment shows how far you’ve come...as you were saying, being sober there I only can imagine how other people are looking and acting that’s out. I bet that made you feel good bout yourself!...keep it up!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hermichelle View Post

For the first time I thought, wait, I do have the choice to say no. Anyway, I am seeking a sober life. Just not sure where to start. My husband doesn't think I have a problem, so I don't know how to talk about it with him. Any suggestions?
Post here where people do understand. Meetings are great. People there understand. It really helps to be around people that understand. I was extremely anxious about AA meetings. I pictured a bunch of down in the mouth souls lost in a mire of suffering. I was totally surprised at my first meeting to see people laughing joking and celebrating. It's not always like that at meetings, but that 1st meeting for me was an encouraging introduction to the possibilities that sobriety could offer.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 5 toughroad

D
Old 11-18-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hermichelle View Post

i went out last night. I've gone out a lot lately. I am even In therapy and lying to my therapist about my drinking. But today I woke up immersed in regret and feeling horrible physically. I thought I'd get on here and read through some of this and so much of it resonates with me. But your comment "remember you never have to drink again" made me feel such comfort. For the first time I thought, wait, I do have the choice to say no. Anyway, I am seeking a sober life. Just not sure where to start. My husband doesn't think I have a problem, so I don't know how to talk about it with him. Any suggestions?
Hi and welcome Hermichelle

This is a place of great support and good ideas - I spent a lot of time here in the early days and SR helped me turn my life around

For me it all started with a day one

Feel free to start your own thread too - you'll get more response that way
D