To Whom do you post?

Old 11-08-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
quat

To Whom do you post?

In all the time I’ve been here , I’ve posted under the assumption that I was ‘conversing’ with the wide and general audience of all the readers of a forum.
Rarely are my comments aimed at the OP in particular , mostly what I have in mind is making comments and suggestions that would apply in the broadest and most general sense.
I assumed most posters do also.

Perhaps I misapprehended the whole gist and flow .

Best lesson I’ve learned from my time here is quit , just quit, good luck all.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

how interesting.
i usually post "to" the OP.

hm. maybe part of that relates to the kind of thread, and the content of the original post.

in another forum i used to frequent, posters had the option of addressing posts to a specific name or to "All". i found that really useful and have always missed that feature here. i think it helps avoid confusions. it minimizes misunderstandings where someone thinks a post was directed at them when the poster intended is as a general observation.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I [in]famously wander around a topic when I post. That is, I take note of the OP's intent, but usually pick an interesting aspect of other topic directions put forth by prior Posters.

On other Forums, this can really hack off *Question -> Answer* types who view wandering off-topic as some mortal sin. I just let that sort of rigidity go because nuancing around a topic often stimulates insight.

If the OP topic merits a direct sort of answer, I've been known to address that head-on, too.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nine out of ten times I make my response to the OP's post.

I usually hang around the Newcomers' Daily Support Forums. On the class threads, there are a variety of different posters, so the group members address each new topic as it comes up.

On my "Different Path" cancer thread I tend to be the OP most of the time, so I address the entire reading group.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I usually address the OP but sometimes quote another post to respond to it specifically.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Galatians 5:13

I purchased a set of 4 old style, glass milk jugs. I keep filtered water in them and store them in the fridge.

Nothing like a refreshing glass of cold water!

Question

Do you prefer your water straight up or with some lemon or lime?

I have this recent habit of adding some lemon and about a tablespoon of ACV. Refreshing!

;-)
LOL