Notices

Cold truth-

Old 10-28-2018, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cold truth-

The following is an actual obituary written by a gentleman, a lost soul, an addict who wrote it prior to committing suicide. He wrote this wanting it to be read, wanting to help other addicts where he could not help himself.

Please please please everyone if nothing else read his last paragraph to all of us.

I have taken out all names and locations and to the moderators if you wish to delete this I totally understand

Badge
--------------------------------------------------
My name is ******* and I am no longer an alcoholic. I chose to end my life on the afternoon of Oct. **, 2018. I could no longer stand the pain that I had, due to alcohol and those who I let get into my head and continued to push my buttons when I was drinking. I had to stop my pain as well as the pain & suffering that I was causing those that I loved.
I was born on October **, 19**and my parents are ******************** AKA “Pa” & “Ma”. , Please, parents, brothers & sisters and friends that are living with an addiction, read the rest of my story

I started drinking beer in my early teens as I wanted to be cool, plus it gave me liquid courage. As I got into my late teens & early twenties, I started messing with drugs as beer by then was not giving me the high. Fortunately, I soon found out that drugs was not the route I wanted to go after I got up one morning and my pick-up was gone for non-payment to my drug dealer. When beer was not filling my high, I turned to the hard stuff. Drinking on my days off, then year by year it became once in awhile during the week, then every other day, until the last few years it was daily drinking a up to two fifth’s a day. In the meantime, family & friends were trying to help. Oh, how I wanted to stop and tried to stop. Since February of 2017 I have been in the hospital 16 times anywhere from 3-12 days at a time. I got out the last time just days before I ended my life. My liver was shot, I was prone to seizures, I had 6 or more of the veins in my throat tied so that when I started vomiting I would not bleed out. I was warned that if any of those veins torn that I would bleed to death in 4-5 hours and they would not be able to stop the bleeding even if I was in the hospital. The pain of withdrawal was soon forgotten and I would start drinking again.
I voluntarily went to 28 day treatment facility in ******. I knew that I was cured after 3-4 days and tried my best to get someone to come and & get me. I stuck out the 28 days and was glad that I did but was back in the hospital within days after getting home…….drinking again & again, lie after lie until I didn’t even know the truth most of the time, hurting myself & family……I am so, so sorry. I would put on a smile and would act like I had all under control. I felt like the only “friend” I had was alcohol. That was my coping mechanism.

Please, Please get help, talk to someone, anyone who will listen. Do not give up. Do not end your life!!!! Despite your pain, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Remember, it is one day at a time. I gave my life to Jesus on October ++, 2018 and now I am in God’s arms. Only God will judge me.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, he was still the victim up to the end. What a tragic story.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

my thoughts and prayers go to out to this man, and to everyone who knew and loved him.

D