Notices

Quitting Tips and Tricks

Old 10-17-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting Tips and Tricks

Hello! I知 Acheleus and I知 a little over three years sober from alcohol and I知 committed to quitting smoking cigarettes. I知 not interested in nicotine replacement悠 want to go cold turkey. My body is telling me it needs to heal itself so I知 going to start today.

I went three days smoke smoke free but I find that emotional triggers launch me back into smoking. I知 not sure if I am using cigarettes to process my emotions or not. If anyone who has successfully overcome nicotine addiction I would love to hear the methods you used to quit smoking.

Im a member of a quit smoking forum and I知 planning on using work and exercise to deal with cravings/triggers. Thank you for any advice you can give!
Old 10-17-2018, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

no tips but wishing you success Ach

D
Old 10-18-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I would recommend reading "How to stop smoking and stay stopped for good" by Gillian Riley or getting it as an audiobook. I know there are many many methods out there but this one is based on CBT and tackling the actual mental addiction of smoking (as there is no physical addiction). I also like her methodology as it doesn't work on aversion techniques like Alan Carr where you have to turn into one of those ex-smoking haters of people who still smoke...this kind of technique doesn't last long and is built on negativity which I don't think is great for someone with other addiction issues. Best of luck!
Old 02-03-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope not to criticize nor judge people who continue to smoke