Notices

Day 3 - Morning Check In

Old 08-28-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 - Morning Check In

Just trying to get in the habit of checking in each day. Week days aren't a problem for me, as I don't usually drink on weekdays. I actually don't usually drink on most days, but the days I do, watch out.

I was happy and sad last night, as there was a chance I was going to run into someone I may have embarrassed myself in front of over the weekend. I did not, which was a mild relief, but I was more sad as I wanted to apologize and get past that. The person is very nice and I don't think what I said/did was THAt bad, but since I don't remember, I'm assuming the worst. This is the kind of stuff I need to remind myself of when I start feeling "ok" again. The countless times this situation has played out.

Visiting family this weekend who will try to offer me drinks. I've decided to tell them (truthfully) I'm trying to cut out cigarettes once and for all and I cannot handle even a drop of alcohol without getting intense cigarette cravings. This is not a lie and none of them smoke, so I'm not too worried about the trip even though I know I'll need to still be mindful.

Thanks for reading!
Old 08-28-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You got this!

Originally Posted by WritingHelps View Post
Just trying to get in the habit of checking in each day. Week days aren't a problem for me, as I don't usually drink on weekdays. I actually don't usually drink on most days, but the days I do, watch out.

I was happy and sad last night, as there was a chance I was going to run into someone I may have embarrassed myself in front of over the weekend. I did not, which was a mild relief, but I was more sad as I wanted to apologize and get past that. The person is very nice and I don't think what I said/did was THAt bad, but since I don't remember, I'm assuming the worst. This is the kind of stuff I need to remind myself of when I start feeling "ok" again. The countless times this situation has played out.

Visiting family this weekend who will try to offer me drinks. I've decided to tell them (truthfully) I'm trying to cut out cigarettes once and for all and I cannot handle even a drop of alcohol without getting intense cigarette cravings. This is not a lie and none of them smoke, so I'm not too worried about the trip even though I know I'll need to still be mindful.

Thanks for reading!
I am on day 1 and this is my first post. You can do this! I am in the same boat here and know exactly what your going through.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 3, Writing ! Stay strong. I'm sure your family will understand.

And welcome Texasgirl!
Old 08-28-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beautifully Broken

Congrats on Day 3. I am right there with you!
We can do this.
Welcome Texas Girl!
You got this.
This site is a wonderful place for support.
Stick around, read, post and feel the love.
❤️
Old 08-28-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great job on day 3! Checking in here every day will definitely help!