Notices

Bad week

Old 07-14-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad week

I have had a bad week of it drank 5 out of 7 days to excess. Experienced vomiting bad decision making loss of money and very bad morning after the night before anxiety. I stayed in bed nearly all day today.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So what are you going to do now?
Old 07-14-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you are back and I hope that today will be a new start for you.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

5 out of 7 days, to excess, is a lot, Highercall.

What is your plan to stop?
Old 07-14-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a big birthday coming up I would rather spend it alone but my work colleagues insist on going for a meal. I feel after next week is over I can try again.

I find drinking causes me big problems and this year has been particularly bad
Old 07-14-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel after next week is over I can try again.
Why wait til after next week is over? You don't know what can happen in a week, and if you're drinking, it could be bad things.

In order to stay sober you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So your plan to stop drinking is to drink some more?
Old 07-14-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't feel strong enough to beat the social pressures of a birthday with a naught on the end.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Can you fake sick and skip your birthday? I agree with the other posts: why wait?
Old 07-15-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
I don't feel strong enough to beat the social pressures of a birthday with a naught on the end.
You know, if you're waiting for a time to come when it'll be convenient or easy to get sober and starting working on your recovery, the bad news is, there is no such time.

Recovery is about learning to deal with life of life's terms. This includes birthdays, deaths, boring days, stressful days, sunny days, snow days, Christmas days, funerals, days when the world loves us. Days when everyone seems against us. Our team winning. Our team losing. Monday's. Weekends. And everything in between. I used all of the aforementioned as rationalisations (a kind word for excuses) to drink.

Yes. You can go and screw up your birthday by continuing to drink. The choice is yours. But if you keep making the same choice (to drink) and nothing changes, then nothing that you want to change can ever change.

BB
Old 07-15-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you are here. Some wise words above.

If you want to be sober, you can choose to be. That's up to you.

If you are sober today, you've got a chance - I don't believe we get an infinite number.

Hope you do choose sobriety - now- and to see you around here.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

youre strong enough to say ,"no,."

youre creating the social pressure yourself. you are allowed to stand up for yourself and say,"no." "no" is a complete sentence,ya know.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Take care you yourself Highercall. I've just got through a really, really awful and frightening week after binging. If there is anyway out of your plans then I say take it. You'll be doing yourself a massive favour and it would be a strong start in treating yourself well. There are loads of plausible excuses. I personally wouldn't want to go through the anxiety/withdrawal/fear that is in the post if you keep going. Saying this with love.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are struggling with the birthday week coming up, to drink or not to drink? It's only as easy as you make it. Sounds like you're formulating excuses. Why give in to misery. Be honest with your AV and tell it to go to hell. Resolve comes from within. You can do this.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A birthday is just like any other day to me, unless I want to use it as an excuse. I also don't deal with 'social pressures' any longer.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A birthday with a zero at the end is a GREAT time to start an alcohol free life.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rar

Hi Highercall - I'm sorry you're not feeling well today. If you're like me, I bet along with the blahs, you're experiencing significant anxiety. The good news is you never have to feel this way again. I agree with the others and recommend you begin your sobriety journey today. You will likely be over your physical detox by your birthday and can hit the ground running on to your newly sober life. You can do this!
Old 07-15-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You can do this! If the pressure gets to much, say you are on some new medication who don't mix with alcohol or something I agree with the people saying you should be able to say no though. Then you don't have to come up with excuses.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just because people insist you go for a meal, doesn't mean you have to. If we all went out and drank because people insisted we did, there would be no sober people in this group.

You need to want to be sober more than you want to drink, but the fact you are already delaying quitting and talking about the future event you'll be drinking at means you probably still want to drink more than you want to be sober.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking obviously brings you a lot of pain and embarrassment. Why willingly put yourself through that again?

Its your birthday - do what you want.

D