I about fell out in church today

Old 07-08-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I about fell out in church today

So the weekend had a snag, MIL sprained her ankle so she couldn’t take the kids anywhere. I was half way to my hotel and I didn’t want to leave them alone with AH all weekend so I came back. Friday evening was good Dr Jekyll was present and we had a Good night. Saturday brought about the appearance of Mr Hyde so the kids and I went and got pedicures and we had fun my oldest let the lady paint each of his toenails a different color while the youngest acted like having his toenails painted was the most horrible thing on the planet. Neither of the boys would consent to a manicure. they really had those ladies laughing. We had lunch and then took our heeler to play with my aunts great pyrenese puppy.

For some inane reason AH got up to go to church with us on Today whatever. At the end of the service the pastor says “if you think you’re stuck with your sin, you are not, step out of the darkness and into the light of God. If you’re having a problem with alcohol or drugs, or engaging in any kind of behavior that may prevent you from walking with Christ, come to me, I will help you and if I can’t I’ll help you find the help you need.”

Y’all I almost died right there in church. I could feel him tense up but I refused to look at him because I was afraid I’d laugh or fall apart.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alwayscovering View Post
So the weekend had a snag, MIL sprained her ankle so she couldn’t take the kids anywhere. I was half way to my hotel and I didn’t want to leave them alone with AH all weekend so I came back. Friday evening was good Dr Jekyll was present and we had a Good night. Saturday brought about the appearance of Mr Hyde so the kids and I went and got pedicures and we had fun my oldest let the lady paint each of his toenails a different color while the youngest acted like having his toenails painted was the most horrible thing on the planet. Neither of the boys would consent to a manicure. they really had those ladies laughing. We had lunch and then took our heeler to play with my aunts great pyrenese puppy.

For some inane reason AH got up to go to church with us on Today whatever. At the end of the service the pastor says “if you think you’re stuck with your sin, you are not, step out of the darkness and into the light of God. If you’re having a problem with alcohol or drugs, or engaging in any kind of behavior that may prevent you from walking with Christ, come to me, I will help you and if I can’t I’ll help you find the help you need.”

Y’all I almost died right there in church. I could feel him tense up but I refused to look at him because I was afraid I’d laugh or fall apart.
Wow just wow
Old 07-08-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is fantastic!
Old 07-08-2018, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

But did he heed that altar call, or just sit there with his arms crossed?

I don't think the lightning bolt could have hit him more directly.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
But did he heed that altar call, or just sit there with his arms crossed?

I don't think the lightning bolt could have hit him more directly.
I couldn’t have arranged that better if I had tried. Maybe it planted a seed. It’s up to him to seek out our pastor. He’s awesome and always available.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I imagine that he felt like a polecat at a picnic.....
To the way I see it.... alcoholism is not a moral failing....it is an addiction......
Old 07-08-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
I imagine that he felt like a polecat at a picnic.....
To the way I see it.... alcoholism is not a moral failing....it is an addiction......
I don’t think it’s a moral failing but I believe our pastor wants to help people.