Notices

Two months and now it’s stubborness

Old 06-18-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two months and now it’s stubborness

April 16th was the first day for a one month trial of no alcohol. It’s now a little over two months and and still sober!
Now I’ve had the worst two wks of hell at work and yes there was nothing I wanted more then coming home, opening a cold bottle of vino and bursting out crying but instead I changed, went in the garden with a tall glass of juice, decorated the rim with a a slice of orange and a strawberry and thinking I’m guzzling a vodka and orange! Sure I didn’t get the immediate feeling of relaxation of my super tense muscles and a numb brain and yes I cursed my boss and drunkard husband but sitting on the grass, I was in piece and quiet, only hearing the birds and was all alone. No husband drunk and causing arguments and hearing insults and no horrible boss blaming me for her mistakes. I was in complete isolation in my own thoughts. Sure I bawled my eyes out but it felt good to have just me, myself and I and not resorting to alcohol thinking I needed a quick fix. Guess I knew my problems will still be there tomorrow along with empty bottles, less money in my purse and a hangover.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's the way to do it! Like you said, your problems will still be there tomorrow, but you'll be clear headed, and able to take them on much better than you would with a hangover.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your problems will still be there tomorrow, but tomorrow you'll wake up sober, clear-headed, not hungover, and feeling proud of yourself that you didn't drink. So there's that.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Allie
Hopefully better weeks are ahead

D
Old 06-18-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Well done champ! You're the one who won this match.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

that sounds very serene in spite of problems, allie.
and way to go on accepting that days can be crappy,others can be crappy, urges can be present....and still you can make decisions in a better direction.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As you get more sober time, the cravings to drink get fewer and fewer. It gets better.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are learning to deal with life’s problems without alcohol. That is a tremendous step. Many people can quit, but as soon as they face a challenge, stress, or have a bad day, they tend to relapse and go back.

The more your handle your issues sober, the easier it will become. You have succeeded mentally today. That’s the sign of someone who is truly passionate and serious about their recovery.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on two months 👍