Notices

Day 1

Old 05-21-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Back to square one again 😞 2 day bender missed work today and hid in bed all day absolutely died a slow death afriad to even answer the phone.... This is the reason i give it up in the first place hell how ya forget the sickness this is 😔
Old 05-21-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRDarrell View Post
Back to square one again 😞 2 day bender missed work today and hid in bed all day absolutely died a slow death afriad to even answer the phone.... This is the reason i give it up in the first place hell how ya forget the sickness this is 😔
Ugh I've been there too many times. It's the worst, the anxiety, the spiral thoughts, the drinking to stop the pain which causes the pain...

There's only one way out and that's not to drink.

How are you now?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why didn't you reach out before you chose the stupidity?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

* Raises hand *

Fortunately for me, I had a "work from home" day today which means that I booted my computer, went back to bed until 10:00 am, worked for a couple of hours, then got extremely anxious, took a prescribed pill, then slept for another 90 minutes.

We can start our new journey together... because this feeling S-U-C-K-S... mostly the emotional regret... not as much the physical one.

I was actually perusing through this forum last night... so the anticipation of regret was already setting in early on Sunday evening. I have gone down this road too many times... I am NOT doing it again!!
Old 05-21-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
Why didn't you reach out before you chose the stupidity?
Isn't this a version of "shaming"? He can't undo what he did so maybe the advice is to encourage him to reach out the next time he feels tempted?

I know from my person and professional life that the best advice is to look ahead... not replay what has already happened.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
Isn't this a version of "shaming"? He can't undo what he did so maybe the advice is to encourage him to reach out the next time he feels tempted?

I know from my person and professional life that the best advice is to look ahead... not replay what has already happened.
I don't think it's shaming - at least it shouldn't be taken that way at all.

Hopefully if any of us is tempted, SR will be the first place we come to.

And honesty, even if it's brutal, which this wasn't really, I think serves us all best on these boards.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

" because this feeling S-U-C-K-S... mostly the emotional regret... not as much the physical one. " .

You are so right TeeJay. I relapsed 11 days ago and I still feel emotionally horrible.

I think we sort of forget the physical agony when we start feeling better. The emotional regret stays with us longer. I hope I never forget mine.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Further proof that it does nothing but bring us misery. Now you know.
I'm glad you told us what happened - you're back with new resolve.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
" because this feeling S-U-C-K-S... mostly the emotional regret... not as much the physical one. " .

You are so right TeeJay. I relapsed 11 days ago and I still feel emotionally horrible.

I think we sort of forget the physical agony when we start feeling better. The emotional regret stays with us longer. I hope I never forget mine.

I know what you're saying Rar. We go through all the struggles to stay sober and then when we feel better we have a harder time staying sober. I know for me I start feeling so good and then say to myself, a drink would be awesome right now. Then the cycle starts again! I need to remember how awful I feel the day after.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back SoberRDarrell
got any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 05-21-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

No offense taken, It was my own choice and stupidity yes... I cant change it but only look foward and start again.. Im only 28 and i do not want to spend any of my life the way i just spent the last 24hrs absolute hell and regret with my emotions and thoughts beating me up inside... Im seeking help for this through councelling And im gonna go to AA and start again. Pushing myself to go to work today.