Back to work

Old 05-14-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Back to work

Today is my first day back at work since leaving my addict boyfriend last week.

I managed to spill my lunch on the ground at the microwave and then walk away as I began to have a sobbing panic attack.

Crying at the office = not very tactful.

Doesn't help that I am on day 23 of the Whole30 so I can't even go to the cafe downstairs and get something to eat. Lunch today will be almonds and dates.

When it rains it pours. When on earth will the rain stop?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ah meghan.....you aren't the first to cry at the office!!! or to spill your lunch. having both those on the same day is rough AND its Monday. go easy on yourself.

i've heard that Whole30 is VERY challenging!! very impressed with your progress. are there no side dishes or salad bar you could pick from? surely they have to have some vegetables hiding down there somewhere!

what's been the toughest part of Whole30? i see DAIRY is on the NO list....that would just kill me.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Meghan))))

I am so sorry for your pain.

Well done for undertaking the Whole30. Hats off to you.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Meghan, you're doing okay.

I've completed many Whole30's and found that ultimately, my emotional health is much more stable and positive when I am not loading up on sugars and grains -- all I could think when I read your post was that if that microwave incident had happened to me after a break-up while NOT Whole30ing? I'd have torn the place to shreds!!!

Check the cafe again if you start getting hungry. Even a banana at the right time of day can help you get through until you get home. (((Hugs)))
Old 05-14-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My work's "cafe" has only prepackaged sandwiches, muffins, cannolis, yogurt, and miscellaneous nuts/candy bars (similar to a gas station counter)

We have been trying for years to have them bring in fruit. Shame on them!

Whole30 is amazing, my ex and I were doing it together so now I'm at it alone for the last week but I do feel truly amazing. Definitely missing the milk in my coffee and cheese in my everything, but all the sugar and carbs can stay in my past! (except quinoa- I miss this also)
Old 05-14-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

but all the sugar and carbs can stay in my past!

and jackasses!!!!
Old 05-14-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My dog died last week. She was only 6 years old.

All I could think was, "Really? Now this?"

My precious angel. The only dog whoever chose ME, instead of any other family member. My faithful follower. It's hard to think sometimes that G_d doesn't have it out for me. In the past year, I had a miscarriage, I endured countless court dates due to a judge refusing to acknowledge the mountains of evidence I presented to him, I was slapped with a bogus restraining order, he paid no support for 9 months straight, my 7-year-old tested positive for meth...

"REALLY?!!!! WHEN WILL IT STOP?"

But then I realize, it's so easy to focus only on the bad things that have happened. What about the fact that I had 2 months of absolute peace- of ex not even bothering to exercise supervised visits. Heck, even the fact that I finally got the court to sign off on supervised visits is a VICTORY I was praying for for years! I'm making friends! I'm a better person, a better mother!

Sometimes it's just so hard to see the good. But it's always there.

Keep plugging along and try not to let the bad overshadow the good.

Lots of love. It's not easy.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have had a string of bad luck lately. Just one thing after the next. Some quite serious, some not as much, but seemed like it. Then, a close family member passed away. Just dropped very unexpectedly. It has helped me to put things back into perspective. To enjoy the moments I can and not get caught up in the things that are not a big deal.

Yes, things will trip you up for a while. However, you will get past this. Time heals a lot of things. No new contact will mean no new hurts, and it will pass, I promise.

Breathe. Be kind to yourself.

Sending a big hug!