Notices

Day 2: Low blood sugar?

Old 05-11-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2: Low blood sugar?

Last night was day 2, and it was strange. I have abstained for 2-3 days before (not very often, multiple times a year, though), last night it seemed like my blood sugar was totally out of wack! I had some minor blood sugar issues as a non-drinking teenager/preteen and young adult, but this is the first experiencing this with abstaining from alcohol. Could there be a link? The feeling of low blood sugar hit me bad about 3 times, and marshmallows seemed to get me out of that pit. I finished the night with a bowl of cereal and a lot of water. Woke up feeling nervous about the ordeal, to say the least. Anyone experience this? I have not made a doc appointment at this time, just lots of water, healthy food, and wondering how to avoid my neighbor when she asks "ready for a drink?"
Old 05-11-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There is a DEFINITE link between alcoholism and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

Do a lot of research. There's tons of info out there!
Old 05-11-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, the blood sugar thing is common. There is a lot of info online about that.

You don't have to avoid the neighbor. Just plan what you'll say.

I don't tell people I think I'm alcoholic. I just say (depending on the person) :

I'm taking a break. (Breaks can last 50 years, but saying this sounds less threatening and tends to stop further discussion from drinking pals.)

I think I'm done with alcohol. I've drank my fair share already. (said with a wink.)

I'm on a health kick.

No, I don't feel like drinking. How about a movie, or a walk, or coffee instead?

I haven't been drinking, and I feel so good I'm going to keep it going! You want to join me?
Old 05-11-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The only real way to find out if it really is hypoglycemia is to see your Dr, JB

D