Notices

Day 4 - how quickly the strength and calm returns

Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 - how quickly the strength and calm returns

Just not having drank in four days and I already feel like a different person. NOT feeling overly confident or cocky or sure of anything - super stressed at work and financially and having a baby and etc

but just the simple act of going to bed and waking up sober, the body's relief at not dealing with that angry, depressive toxin, I start to feel firmer again in my steps and it just feels like things might, just might, get better and work out.

Thank you SR.

I will not be drinking today.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rar

Glad things are better Less. Though I drank for over a year after my last relapse, and was miserable with withdrawal when I quit again, I, too, had a feeling of strength and calmness. I was relieved I was finished with alcohol.

Things are going to work out for you, Less. I'm sure of it!
Old 04-16-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 4 is when you are out of detox, and finally feeling not bad, it's also one of the most vulnerable points for your AV to try and take advantage.
Be sure to keep your guard up as these "feeling better" days are when it's going to be on your shoulder whispering sweet nothings trying to sucker you back into evil.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
Day 4 is when you are out of detox, and finally feeling not bad, it's also one of the most vulnerable points for your AV to try and take advantage.
Be sure to keep your guard up as these "feeling better" days are when it's going to be on your shoulder whispering sweet nothings trying to sucker you back into evil.
Thank you guys. Worked late, watched the Comey interview with my wife, gym early this morning.

I find that the first 25-35 days I can get through with mild pangs, some passing heavy cravings. It's the 30 day mark that I need to gather my troops up and be vigilant about this time around.

But thank you for the thoughts and encouragement. Onward and upward.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days. I didn't watch the Comey interview. Its all so crazy I just have to tune it out.

So next time your buddy says, hey lets grab a drink, say hey no way. I think the acceptance that alcohol will never, ever be what it either is to others, or is fantasized to be in your brain, is so important. Focus on Acceptance....or everything. Especially the fact that you cannot drink without massive negative consequences.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job less, I hope to be feeling that well in 3 more days. I’d like to join you on your new start to sobriety. ;-)
Old 04-17-2018, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
Great job less, I hope to be feeling that well in 3 more days. I’d like to join you on your new start to sobriety. ;-)
Let's do it then. I've been trying and failing many times.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Not drinking makes a big difference and it starts quickly. Watched the excerpts from Comey's interview. We certainly live in interesting times!
Things will get better as long as you remain sober.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Less

D
Old 04-17-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody.

Day 5 in the books. No fight on my part, working on putting other aspects of my life together while at the same time keeping the knowledge and acceptance of the fact that I am not someone who drinks in the forefront of my mind.

Thinking also about other people I "know" here who are struggling. Not taking my sobriety for granted.

Maybe that will be my focus for a bit now - not taking my sobriety for granted, being grateful for it because I know hoe much suffering goes along with losing it.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, LOTS of people suffering, relapsing lately. Day one in the books for me. I’’ve still sick as a dog. Lol
Old 04-17-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 18 and running strong.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Late check-in here, LG.

Kudos for picking yourself right the hell back up man. Not a destination but a journey. Glad you're still on the path

Todd.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey LG

How are you doing today? Day 2 for me and last night was pretty rough. Sweating, then freezing, crazy dreams when I could get 2 hours sleep. Only able to hold broth down. Today it’s cleanup from the aftermath. Work, laundry, dishes, sweeping. Still pretty shaky and can’t really eat much. This i a great diet eh?? (Kidding of course). I never want to feel like this again.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
Hey LG

How are you doing today? Day 2 for me and last night was pretty rough. Sweating, then freezing, crazy dreams when I could get 2 hours sleep. Only able to hold broth down. Today it’s cleanup from the aftermath. Work, laundry, dishes, sweeping. Still pretty shaky and can’t really eat much. This i a great diet eh?? (Kidding of course). I never want to feel like this again.
Way too familiar with that feeling Be. Endure and know the days ahead will get better. Even just 6 days away from my last binge and I feel like a different person.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're back on track, lessgravity!