Notices

Day 6 and feeling alone.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 and feeling alone.

Hi everyone, I'm in the U.K and found this site after perusing the Internet. I'm on day 6 after having my umpteenth relapse. I can go for months without having any alcohol, then something really upsets me and I self medicate with wine. I'm feeling very alone, ashamed and unhappy. My husband found my hidden bottle of wine last week and is barely speaking to me and I just don't know what to say to him. Sorry won't cut it this time. I know action speak louder than words and I'm going to give it my very best shot. It's going to take me a very long time to build up the trust again. I just hope I haven't completely blown it this time. I have to do this for me, for him and for my family.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Daisybelle

Signing up here is a good start
Have you thought of what else you might do to stay sober?

D
Old 04-10-2018, 10:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Daisybelle and welcome!
I'm so pleased you have found this wonderful place and notice you've joined the April 2018 class too which is great! Maybe drop by the 24 hour thread too where we commit to 24 hours of sobriety each day and have a lovely group of supportive folk there too.
I too felt very isolated by my addiction when I joined and would like to reassure you that being active here gives me a sense of connection and friendship which is just so precious.
I'm in the UK too! You might find time zones mean sometimes we Brits are sometimes out if sync a little but SR is 24/7 so please post as often as you need to. It really can make all the difference.
Take care and I look forward to seeing more of you around xxx
Old 04-11-2018, 12:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good morning and thanks for the warm welcome Dee.

I've thought about nothing else but keeping myself sober to be honest. I'm so glad I found this site, I've spent half the night looking round it and reading the posts. At least I don't feel so alone now. I intend posting daily and getting as much support and information as I can.

I don't have a very good support network at home so I am keeping myself as busy as possible, reading up on alcoholism as much as possible, knowledge is power as they say. I'm going to try and talk with my husband tonight but I'm not hopeful that he will believe a word I say, he's heard it all before. I'm going to work hard on staying focused and on proving that I'm serious about this. I'm going to start looking after myself as from now and I'm going to give it my best shot.

Thank you for your kind words JoandMelandHan and I will search out the 24 hour thread next. I intend posting every day, I'm desperate for support and friendship. xx
Old 04-11-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Daisybelle.

Another UK gal here.

Why not try an AA meeting. You don't have to be alone in this.

Bb
Old 04-11-2018, 12:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Berrybean, Im thinking about doing that. I'm going to research where my local venues are. xx
Old 04-11-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Thanks Berrybean, Im thinking about doing that. I'm going to research where my local venues are. xx
Well, thankfully thats easy peasy....

https://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
Old 04-11-2018, 12:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When you're looking at lists, 'open' means that anyone with an interest in recovery come along. 'Closed' means it's restricted to people who have a desire to stop drinking. (When I first looked I didnt know this, and was dismayed to see that there had been loads of meetings once, but they'd all closed lol).

BB
Old 04-11-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks again Berrybean, I have been to A.A before, about 8 years ago, I went for quite a few months but then stopped going due various things so I do remember some of it. No harm in giving it another go though. xx
Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Daisybelle! I'll echo the others- this place is great, especially for support and resources early on in your recovery. Best of luck on your journey!
Old 04-11-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you very much JayTee33. x