Notices

Day 8 🤠

Old 03-15-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 🤠

And even though Im still on night shift I feel that Im on a cloud looking down at a different place - the place I was not so long ago. Only judgmental about myself and not complacent. Ive read 3 books in a week regarding the Demon , two factual , one fiction. I cant recall the last time I finished a book , hang on, I can , 2012 in Gran Canaria - even the memories are returning. I can remember the book - A Sense Of An Ending - Julian Barnes , not related in terms of subject matter to this forum , but the title is apt. Im sleeping better and Im feeling kinder thoughts , in fact all thoughts are clearer and ever more positive. Enough of me - I hope any of you who read this rambling are also doing well! Its good to know theres someone who might just read this rambling man and enjoy with me this seemingly fresh serenity. I dont know where the winning line is , I rather there wasnt one , just this feeling , constantly. I may be in a honeymoon period of course , if so , Im hoping for a long one. Goodnight fellow forum friends , best wishes.
Dave 🤠
Old 03-15-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

'grats on day 8 Dave

D
Old 03-15-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Thank you very much - I hope you are well Dee.
🤠
Old 03-15-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

great job Dave!
Old 03-15-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good Dave

D
Old 03-15-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eight days is great, Dave. Keep moving forward, it gets even better.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks All

Full steam ahead - Good luck to you all. I do have thoughts about having a swifty obviously , but like its said , my drinking path is a Madness Motorway in my head. It takes time for the grass to grow over it and to lay down Best Behaved Boulevard , the foundations are being dug up.
Dave 🤠
Old 03-15-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

At over a year.. I'll sometime's be in mid conversation with someone and a 'memory/mistake' makes me take a few seconds to 'reflect'.. I got called on it last week. "Hey,man..looks like you just made a major life decision.".. I was just like..yeah..something like that,so...

I still also reflect on a lot before going to sleep too. At least we're thinking now! Before I hid from my problems/thoughts/reality in the bottle.

When I was first getting sober I told one of my business partners about where my mind was at and how it was kinda freaking me out.. He said "welcome back."
Old 03-16-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)