Notices

Finally!!!!!

Old 03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally!!!!!

So I am well I was a daily drinking until I blackout 7 days a week for almost 4 year been drinking and druggin going on 16 years now!!! I decided the end of November of 2017 to finally do something about it but it’s been a true struggle!!!! I never thought something so simple as a drink could have a hold on me I’m handcuffed to a bottle!!!!! I can’t believe everything I’ve been through denial is still stronger then acceptance!!!! I’ve had tried to moderate lots of times and it always ends up a disaster no such thing for drinkers like me.... I truly want sobriety but at the same time I want to give up and drink because I feel I need to!!! I have tried to give up but I end up right back here without thinking... which is great but I’ve have search and search how do you convince your an alcoholic and change and I finally got my answer from an awesome person on here it’s about how much are you willing to lose before you stop which thank you for that because in my head my drinking hasn’t affected my kids/family or really me but that’s probably not true another false lie your AV gives you!!! If you struggle like me that’s something to think about how much are you willing to lose before we put a stop to the nonsense and misery??? Hopefully everyone will find the will power and be addiction free one day and maybe you are already and congrats on that!!!! Just want to say your not alone and don’t be scared to ask for help I’m going to set down and write everything I can lose and is it really worth it !! I’m only at day 1 again but it’s better then day 0 you have to start somewhere right??
Take care y’all stay strong this coming weekend!!!!
Old 03-08-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am back again, have no words of wisdom for you but I really believe that if you have taken the trouble to register with SR because you think your problem warrants it then you are definitely at the stage where your family/friends know exactly what is going on. We all try to kid ourselves but I think some things are transparent....alcoholism being right up there. Its horrible to admit to ourselves but none the less its true.
Wishing you good luck on this journey.
I am feeling low tonight so not very positive I am afraid but hopefully things will improve.
C
Old 03-08-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
I am back again, have no words of wisdom for you but I really believe that if you have taken the trouble to register with SR because you think your problem warrants it then you are definitely at the stage where your family/friends know exactly what is going on. We all try to kid ourselves but I think some things are transparent....alcoholism being right up there. Its horrible to admit to ourselves but none the less its true.
Wishing you good luck on this journey.
I am feeling low tonight so not very positive I am afraid but hopefully things will improve.
C
Well we are here for you and the feelings will pass

Last edited by xxxNICHOLExxx; 03-08-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: ..
Old 03-08-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

Fantastic post, NICHOLE!!!

Congrats on day one and onward
Old 03-08-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great work Nichole! You can do it! 😄
Old 03-08-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending you good wishes Nichole

You sound like a fun and loving person.
You also sound strong and determined.

All that can certainly add up to successful sobriety
Old 03-08-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rar

You can do this Nichole. Your post is great. Stay strong.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's such a powerful thought, and I'm glad that it helped you commit to your recovery, Nichole! Like you I went through a time where I thought my drinking wasn't really affecting my loved ones - until it was made very clear to me that it was! And that was the slap in the face that I needed to push me to commit to my recovery!
Old 03-08-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Nichole - you too Cuckoo

D