Notices

Day 25 - again

Old 02-25-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 25 - again

I continue to struggle. I go long periods without drinking and then relapse. Usually a trigger or the AV comes at me. I did not plan it but February 1 was day one again. I have not been around SR as much as I should be. I'll read the forum more, it gives me strength. I read many stories about bad behavior when drinking. I've had my share. But for years now I drink alone. I don't go out, I don't drive. But that does not make it any less of a problem. I have a friend that will be visiting in the fall. I am worried, because I have known him for years and he drinks all the time. Can I hold up, even if I make it that far? I know the first thing he will want to do is get hammered. I'll cross that bridge when I get there I suppose. Thanks SR.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Jim. Welcome back. 25 days is awesome. You’ll deal with fall when you need to. For now keep going, one day at a time
Old 02-25-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jim1958 View Post
I continue to struggle. I go long periods without drinking and then relapse. Usually a trigger or the AV comes at me. I did not plan it but February 1 was day one again. I have not been around SR as much as I should be. I'll read the forum more, it gives me strength. I read many stories about bad behavior when drinking. I've had my share. But for years now I drink alone. I don't go out, I don't drive. But that does not make it any less of a problem. I have a friend that will be visiting in the fall. I am worried, because I have known him for years and he drinks all the time. Can I hold up, even if I make it that far? I know the first thing he will want to do is get hammered. I'll cross that bridge when I get there I suppose. Thanks SR.
Hi Jim, day 25 for me too! (again) I'm determined to never go back, I'm ready to see what life is like sober. not for a week, a month, or a year, the rest of my life. Iv'e done enough research (relapsing) to know that life is no longer good with booze. I have left behind friends and even family who still drink, I see it as a small price to pay for freedom from booze. Let's do this together...almost done with Feb, March is gonna be awesome!

Great job at 25 days!!
Old 02-25-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on day 25 jim!
Old 02-25-2018, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on getting to day 25.
Stay close to SR, it really does help.