Notices

3rd attempt in 6 months

Old 02-02-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd attempt in 6 months

Im 30 and consume 15 to 25 units daily.
Today is day 3 with zero after 3 days of tapering. sweats and jitters are gone now just the constant mind games ahead of me.
Made 10 days in oct and 12 in nov. Made me see there is a better me on the other side. One drink lead back to the same cycle eventually. Time to stop for good before i lose what means the most to me.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Third time lucky as they say! You’ve got this! Remember that people on here say each time you start over again it gets worse with the withdrawal etc, I’m really new to this myself, so I’ve only got 11 days under my belt so far, but so far it feels good. Personally despite the cravings and the insomnia driving me ******* crazy, I’m literally clinging for dear life on every little positive about another sober day. That way instead of commiserating about not getting blotto on wine I’m trying to focus on a different train of thought. Like, “now I’m not drinking I can do XYZ,” I’m trying hard to change my narrative and inner voice. Stay strong Hun you CAN do this!
Old 02-02-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello & welcome, Finalcall. You summed it up so well. We're here to encourage & support your sobriety.

I often wish I'd kept a journal to remind myself of how horrible I felt in the last days before quitting for good. It was the lowest point in my life - I'm so grateful I was able to rise above it. Read & post as much as you want- we're all with you.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think that inner voice can be such a pain. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cravings are endless today finding it hard to distract myself from the thoughts even knowing that the reward would be short and closely followed regret and guilt. A few today will lead to more tomorrow so im not going to do it. Still doing this hour at a time
Old 02-03-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalcall View Post
Cravings are endless today finding it hard to distract myself from the thoughts even knowing that the reward would be short and closely followed regret and guilt. A few today will lead to more tomorrow so im not going to do it. Still doing this hour at a time
You can do this! I just turned 31 and I am determined to look and feel better than I did in my 20's. Maybe you are too?!
Old 02-03-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveForMe View Post
You can do this! I just turned 31 and I am determined to look and feel better than I did in my 20's. Maybe you are too?!
Ye and most of all think better, and make better choices
Old 02-03-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Take it an hour at a time, a minute at a time, if you have to. Just get thru the craving and it will go away.

I'm glad you joined the family.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR finalcall

There's a ton of support here

D
Old 02-04-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

How's today going FinalCall? Feeling better, I hope.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
How's today going FinalCall? Feeling better, I hope.
Quite positive thanks rar,
I can see where im heading and why.
Battling some anxiety and some heart palpatations which hopefully are just stress related.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Finalcall. Ditching alcohol did wonders for my anxiety levels. Breathing exercises are also helpful in the moment.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you've come back to sobriety.

Have you made yourself a recovery plan? Battling can only last so long, so it's important to get a plan in place and start building new ways of Living Sober and developing our sober toolkit so that sobriety can become bearable, sustainable, comfortable, and one day preferable to drinking.

Dee' s thread is a good one to get started with if you're yet to do this...
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-plans-1.html

Yes, your AV may well try to playbmind games with you. The think that helped me was learning how to recognise it for what it was (Tip: If the thought is trying to lead you to a drink, then it is from your AV), and resisting getting drawn into any kind of inner debate with it. It's pointless arguing with anyone who will draw on lies and visciousness to score points, and our AVs are completely with out scruples. As long as we are in full acceptance that alcohol is off the table no matter what, then we dont need to even go down the should I, shouldn't I way of thinking route.

BB
Old 02-04-2018, 09:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

When i thought i drunk too much but didnt have a problem.
Driving to work at 6 in the morning to my physically demanding job drinking room temperature beer trying to remember what happened before i went to bed, let alone how i got there. Wondering what state i left my relationship in and even worse what my 2 young children had to witness.
Sometimes im glad i dont remember.
Just a reminder to myself why i dont want to go back there
Old 02-04-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That first Month is hard, i find it really like you feel Confused and really Delirious and yeah you are shakey and jittery.