No sleep for me

Old 01-21-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No sleep for me

Had a very weird encounter today. My AH asked to see me so we could talked about "moving forward". So picked a public place thank goodness they were only open about an hour. AH started off the conversation by saying "I'm really sorry for all the pain I have caused you. I know you have been wanting to have this conversation for a while but I wanted to get through the holidays..." So my response was why did you want to see me? He asked if I had told the lawyer to move things along and I said yes after seeing him at DS appt. He went on to tell me he still loves me and has loved me for 20 plus years. Then told me I have said a lot of things that are hurtful and insulting. I told him all I ever wanted was an emotionally available partner and he wasn't that person. That I didn't really know him at all that it felt like all these years were a big lie. He had dark circles under his eyes and looks like he has lost 20lbs. I just really have no idea why he wanted to meet. It was like he wanted me to see him and think he was a good guy while getting angry with me for telling the truth of my experience.( Last week he stormed out of the DS appt. after telling me he is still drinking after I commented on his complexion)Then he wanted to talk about the divorce, assets etc. I told him I won't negotiate with him that is the attorneys jobs etc. I just am dumbfounded what the point of this conversation was.