Notices

Lucky Guys bracelet

Old 01-11-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lucky Guys bracelet

I'm confused.
And cautiously happy.
I haven't suffered major withdrawals at least not compared to some unlucky peeps who've posted on here.
Should I expect a flash bang and wallop?
Is Armageddon around the corner?
If not I must be wearing the Lucky Guys bracelet.

Also I won't squander this opportunity I have heard of Kindling now.
Don't get me wrong I have minor affects and this morning wasn't my finest moment.

All in all I have been expecting a lot worse.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How long have you been sober, Rockfish? Withdrawal symptom can come as late as 2 weeks, or even later, after the last drink.
*My* quits/withdrawals always followed a linear progression, but that isn't true of everyone. All you can do is take care of yourself and stay vigilant.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
How long have you been sober, Rockfish? Withdrawal symptom can come as late as 2 weeks, or even later, after the last drink.
*My* quits/withdrawals always followed a linear progression, but that isn't true of everyone. All you can do is take care of yourself and stay vigilant.
Hi Dawg.
I'm a newbie 10 days in.
I did ask what is around the corner?
It's scary.
And what symptoms should you expect.
I was bad this morning
Feel OK now .. That is relaxed and content.
I do hope that bracelet doesn't get lost.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Not everyone has major WD symptoms. As DD suggests, acute withdrawal can last for several days or even weeks, but glad to hear things seem to be going well.

On the Kindling note, I was actually a lot like you - I quit cold turkey several times over the years that I was "in and out" of trying to get sober and didn't really have too bad of WD's. But then all of a sudden kaboom on the "next" time. I remember it like it was yesterday - Memorial Day weekend 2012 and I had just gone through an Epic holiday binge and decided that the Tuesday was going to be "the day". I was actually fine other than a bad hangover on Tuesday, but on Wednesday I was in a meeting just before lunch and I thought I was having a heart attack - literally. One of my coworkers had to take me out of the meeting and to the ER, they almost called an ambulance. When I got there my pulse was through the roof and my BP was like 190/100 or something ridiculous like that. No permanent damage but i literally could have died if I wouldn't have sought medical attention.

You'd think that would have taught me, but I tried it again one more time and also ended up in the ER with similar effects.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Scott.
I am probably very naive. My GP was furious I'd stopped on my own. I'm only just realising consequences of my actions.
I am concerned that I could still end up with bad side effects or is that part safe now?
My pulse was OK and my BP is lower than its been in years.
Best wishes to you and sobriety
Old 01-11-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rockfish, as I said, whenever I quit (which I hope never happens again) the withdrawal symptoms followed a linear progression, whereby I felt better the more time passed. My BP was always the last physical symptom to return to normal, and that usually took about a week. Take from that what you will -- we can't give advice or tell you what to expect -- but it sounds like things are going pretty well for you.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Dawg
And best wishes
Old 01-11-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some times I was definitely wearing a similar bracelet - I hope there's no crash bangs or wallops waiting for you Rockfish

D
Old 01-11-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Rockfish,
I had many, many wash, rinse, repeat cycles...and a few things I have learned. Kindling is REAL and after 10 days all my withdrawal symptoms , except some insomnia, were gone. Just think you will never have to worry about this ever again. Best wishes