# 1 (permalink)  

What are you doing for yourself today?

Today is a good day for a good day!

What are you doing for yourself today?

Old 01-08-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Extra time for prayer and meditation.

Hot yoga.

Something fun and creative... to be discovered! Possibly with yummy food and upbeat music.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you're viewing this thread... post something. Anything.

You're important.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today, I'm reading here and feeling that I'm not alone.

I'm seeing posts about taking care of myself and not worrying about my AH, so that's what I'm focusing on today!
Old 01-08-2018, 10:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Reading this forum.
Lifting weights over lunch. Trying to get my bench press back up to over bodyweight :-).
Old 01-09-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i'm going to prepare healthy food for the remainder of the week & get in a nice workout.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have been really struggling with this right now. I am so very busy, and it's been really hard to carve out time for myself.

Tonight I am going to read some of a book I really enjoy. I am going to try out a new work out, in my living room LOL. I am going to try to get out of this funk I am in and adopt a better attitude.

Thank you for posting this! I hope everyone does something for their own healing today!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

DH and I started our fifth? sixth? Whole30 eating plan last week, and I seem to have found a good workout groove again. I am feeling about fifty times clearer, more even, and more stable than I have in months. Take care of your bodies, people!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post

Tonight I am going to read some of a book I really enjoy. I am going to try out a new work out, in my living room LOL. I am going to try to get out of this funk I am in and adopt a better attitude.

Thank you for posting this! I hope everyone does something for their own healing today!
What workout are you doing? I'm always curious what folks are up to. I'm a sort-of CrossFit person, but have done P90X and Insanity in the past.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's been tough around here this last week - but I'm putting my tools to work OT. I've been:

using my stress-relief aromatherapy body wash
restorative yoga sequences
fun, mind-wasting tv
time in nature
extra fun time with DD
reaching out to friends/not isolating
honoring feelings as they show themselves
lots of Abraham Hicks youtube videos
meditations
allowing the silence at times instead of running from it
a good balance of healthy, healing foods & indulgent worthwhile junk, lol

Basically, if it's something that makes me feel good & resonates with a higher vibration, I follow the impulse right now.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DocK View Post
What workout are you doing? I'm always curious what folks are up to. I'm a sort-of CrossFit person, but have done P90X and Insanity in the past.
I'm restarting myself on DDP's Yoga program. I've been playing it safe & need to get back to a more challenging workout & I like his extreme workouts at the end of the series.

I'm also redoing a 7-day chakra opening yoga sequence that I've done 2x before. It's not so much physically challenging as it is Everything Challenging because it works you through healing emotionally while you are stretching through the associated energy centers in the body. I've done the full sequence 2x in the past & EVERY TIME I do, it ends up helping me make major strides in my personal recovery.

products
Old 01-09-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Girl, I don't even know! It's a mix of strength training and yoga and gets harder as you go along, although I did one and I think it's hard now (says out of shape momma)!!!

I don't know that this is the one for me, but it beats sitting on the couch, and I am doing it w/a friend.

Originally Posted by DocK View Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
DH and I started our fifth? sixth? Whole30 eating plan last week, and I seem to have found a good workout groove again. I am feeling about fifty times clearer, more even, and more stable than I have in months. Take care of your bodies, people!
This is so true! I have been better able to handle my situation since I started taking good care of myself. It made a huge difference.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I just bought Codependent No More for my Kindle.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dancing in the rain. Splashing in slush-puddles. Crying when it hits me. Laughing at improbable certainties of life... such as flows of traffic slowing me down or speeding me up -- just as I need it, when I step away from judgement and ask for eyes to see & ears to hear... seeing the beauty within me and finally acknowledging this... thankful how quickly chaos can become a peaceful and beautifully full life.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Water aerobics after work
Old 01-09-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Had lunch with my best friend, and coffee with my sister. Spent the evening playing with my kids and my nephews.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bought the new RP Strength diet program and lifting program.
Going to spend the night with kiddo watching movies and eating "corns" as kiddo calls them (popcorn).
Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up early, shower, and fix myself up for work (even though I work from a home office).
Old 01-10-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have filled out the paperwork today to join a gym tomorrow! Really need to do this for me!
Old 01-10-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Slowing down.

Enjoying the moment I'm in. Colors, flavors, textures... being aware of the beauty in the people, buildings and nature around me.