For those moving on... trying to move on...

Old 11-26-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For those moving on... trying to move on...

Originally Posted by hope778 View Post
What you have experienced is very traumatic. It would be unbelievable to most. Of course you are on the verge of tears all day. This is very traumatic. This is not how things should go. This is not how things should have played out after you gave your all.

But all you have is the here and now. So, continue to do what you are doing. You are doing all the right things, even if you are simply going through the motions at the moment. Soon you will begin to feel the reward for your discipline.

I found this gem on an old thread. Thank you, hope778!

May these words help strengthen and validate what we are going through.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this. I needed to read it.
I know my life has fallen apart and I cry pretty much every day and sometimes wonder if I’ll ever feel better.
Thank you, it’s not today but maybe someday soon
Old 12-10-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Each day, I'm recognizing and acknowledging the hurt, pain and trauma I've gone through is and has been severe.

Some days I'm so tired of therapy, of healing processes, of feeling all these feelings... yet it doesn't take long now for my healthy inner voice to remind me of the very real damage ignoring these feelings does to my mind, body and spirit.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really needed this today...

I cry everyday several times a day. . .
But I haven’t cried in a very long time prior to this and have acknowledged that the tears are helping to heal and needed to be let out.
Most days, yes, I feel I am simply going through the motions; however, I feel stronger and better able to take control of myself (and myself only) and move forward; despite the people in my life not moving forward with me. I choose to continue to grow!
Thank you again!
Old 02-02-2018, 10:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bump.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

After I seperated/divorced my XAH I was severely depressed,lost 20 lbs.,couldn't sleep, etc....for pretty much 2 yrs. Then 1 day I was out with my girlfriends and I laughed- a big laugh- and I thought- YES- I am coming back to me and life. Time takes time. There is a CiCi Winans song which says- "Take your time-'cause time is what it's gonna take- and 1 day you'll awake- and there will be 1 less tear- and you'll heal- I know you will."