Notices

Spiritual awakening on day 57 going into 58 of sobriety

Old 11-07-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spiritual awakening on day 57 going into 58 of sobriety

yesterday I started feeling extremely connected to nature and to the universe..and find myself again today also feeling like time is standing still ? I don't know if this has to do with becoming sober and feeling more open? Either way it's a feeling of bliss I can't describe. I'm thinking of adding daily meditation to my morning routines.

Has this happened to any of you?
Old 11-07-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congratulations on day 58!

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing but I feel really content sometimes. It does feel really blissful. / I do like to do some of the guided meditations on youtube.

keep up the great work!!
Old 11-07-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good work on day 58. I have times of bliss too. Like my heart is full. Joyful.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hopefully one day I’ll get there - not a big believer
Old 11-07-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats awesome to hear Ash!! Sometimes when we stop pouring poison down our throats it can open us up to a world we never knew was out there. I had a moment like that in my garden this summer. Super cool.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DAB

Great on 58!
Sometimes when I go for walks along the stream by my house, I get that at one with nature feel. It’s a wonderful feeling to get that natural high and feeling of serenity with no side effects.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes! I had a 'spiritual awakening' when I first noticed the early morning cobwebs which adorned the grass and bushes, and as the low morning sun shone on them, they spun off rainbows, diamonds and coloured jewels. I stood transfixed, in awe and felt a shift, into the present moment, it was so intense and I was emotionally moved. I then thought, this beautiful natures wonder, has been here all along, you've lived here for years, but you've never seen this, you were blind in your addiction. I knew then that any reservations I had were gone that I was completely committed and happy with my earlier decision to live the rest of my life in full 3D clarity, not dulled and blinded by alcohol.

I felt peace and acceptance that I'd chosen the right path, to live the rest of my life as a non-drinker. It was an incredibly moving and freeing moment, which I won't forget, but I've had many more since. For instance last night, the air was frosty, the moon was full and bright, the stars were glistening, then I heard a tawny and a barn owl hooting, then I saw a bat fly across my outside light and once again, I thought, this wonderful world was invisible to me. When addicted, I'd be in a stupor on the sofa, with the unwatched TV blaring away.

For me, the spiritual awakening was knowing, deep in my heart, in the very essence of my being, that I would never drink again. It was freedom from addiction.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes!!

This has happened to me multiple times and I'm so grateful when it "revisits." The inner peace. I highly recommend meditation as well.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I finally decided to give alcohol the boot, my whole world opened up. I am awake!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

AshleyB, 58 days sober is just FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I get those feelings now and then like everything is just perfect . They don't last long maybe a few minutes at most and when I feel like that its like i'm in some kind of trance .
Echart Tole got this blissful feeling and it stayed with him for months , he sat on park benches for hours and days on end in this blissful state .
Its all in his book "The power of now " .

58 days into recovery is wonderful AshleyB .
Old 11-10-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

There certainly are moments of inner peace, but it took me several months of sobriety before I experienced them.