Notices

Newby

Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newby

Hello anyone,

I'm new to this, so bear with me. Here's my story in a nutshell. Married 11 years this past March, two kids ages 9 and 4--both boys. I knew my husband used cocaine when we were married but didn't realize he was an addict until we had been married for about three years. I'm not sure exactly when he started using crack, but I think it's been at least 5 years. The past few years have been espcially difficult. For several years he has had the habit of disappearing for two or three days at a time (usually weekends). Occassionally he has sought treatment--I believe mostly to appease me. I don't believe he is sincere about recovery. I won't even mention the state of our finances. Most days I function fairly well, but feel the need to seek some type of support in an effort to gain some type of control of the situation. I'm a Christian and have great support at my home church, but there is no recovery ministry at my church. Most of the support comes from the church's women's ministry. But, even in this group there are no other women dealing with these issues. Thanks for listening....
Old 10-26-2004, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SAR. Please try Alanon. It is, in my opinion, the very best thing you can do for yourself and your children. There will be people who understand and can help you through this.

jojo
Old 10-26-2004, 03:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Sandra,

Welcome to SR. You can find alot of support here. There is a friends and family forum, where there will be people who understand exactly what you're going through, because they have been there, or are there, themselves. Al-anon or Nar-anon are also good places to get the support you need. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sherry
Old 10-26-2004, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Sandra...
Welcome to Sober Recovery.

I found that reading about codependancy helped me a lot to understand addiction.

And I found Alanon and Naranon very helpful regarding figuring out what is my stuff and what is someone else's.

You post seems so accepting of your husbands behavior. I'm wondering what problems/issues you are seeking to address?