Notices

Night watch

Old 10-03-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Night watch

Hey all,
I've been doing well, working my program every day, and checking in on SR when I can, basicly when one if the kids let's me use the computer. 😁
My AA home group hosts a Friday "Night watch" from 6 to 11pm. Phones are forwarded from the district office to our clubhouse, everyone brings food and coffee is provided. It was very humbling , for me to take part, we received calls from all over our state, men, women, young people, old people all looking for help to beat alcohol. It really drove home the point to me that one alcholich helping another is really where the strength is. I love this site and my AA home group without all the assistance, I know I could not have made it this far. Thanks everyone, keep up the fight were all in this together.
Mick
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're home groups sounds amazing
Well done to all of you x
Old 10-03-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a really great thing to do Mick

D
Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That "Night Watch" sounds great, Mick. I'm glad that your HG hosts this activity, glad that you're participating in it. and glad that you're learning and growing from that participation.

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”

~ George R. R. Martin
Old 10-03-2017, 11:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sounds like a great idea! People helping and supporting each other. We're stronger together.