Notices

Day 9 - Things getting Better bit by bit

Old 09-20-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 - Things getting Better bit by bit

Warm hello to you all, I haven't been around since Saturday so thought I would check in.

Currently on Day 9 of my sobriety.
Weekend was a little tough especially Friday which I referenced in another post over the weekend.

Sleep getting better, actually feeling tired instead of just passing out.
Sleeping for longer without waking the past few nights, so better quality of sleep.
Still having some outlandish dreams/nightmares but sure these will pass.

The main thing is how much more productive I am becoming.
Confidence rising, welcoming a challenge and facing things head on that 3 weeks ago I would have done everything to avoid and I mean everything!
More energy, more self aware and for the past few days (since Saturday) haven't really thought much about booze or felt that I have been missing out that much.
Sweets consumption has gone up a lot!
Finding myself more and more interested in what seem like trivial things and actually taking the time to appreciate them.

Have felt a bit of a craving for knowledge, want to watch documentaries, read, take an interest in how things are working which is maybe just my poor brain getting a break from being in a fog.
Mrs thinks I have lost a little weight around my face which is always a bonus although I think it may just be down to the bloating I would get when I drank going away.
Also paying attention to my appearance and how I dress etc I feel becoming more prominent in my thinking, probably just part and parcel to feeling a bit better and starting to feel some self worth again?

Still got a long way to go and I know its early days but the spring in my step is starting to return.

I know all of this can change in a heartbeat so I am not taking anything lightly, just an update on where I am today.

Got a couples night out with friends at the end of the month which will be a test, this would usually be a very boozy affair and probably still will be for everyone else involved.
I have already listed my self as the designated driver for the night so no doubt I will be the taxi home guy !!

Getting better and not confusing my AV with my actual inner voice (the real me) although I think that this will be a very long term learning curve.

Best to all.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congratulations.

yes, they sure do!

Be aware there will come days that don't feel "better".

There will come periods of time that will feel like a slog and a struggle and will challenge your commitment.

Remain committed.

I promise the getting better will continue over the course of time, and one day you will emerge into a space of so much betterness you'll scarcely recognize your life.

In fantastic ways.

keep at it.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It really does. It is rediculous how hard it is, but if you stick with it, it will get so much better with each passing day.
Perserverence is key.
I don't know about your plans for the social night...for me that would have been too much. People say that not because they want you to be depraved of fun but rather bc they want you to succeed and be happy and healthy!
Doing great! Keep at it! GL,
Jules
Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

so awesome thank you for the update!
Old 09-20-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great stuff! There's so much more to life than booze. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay! Congratulations!!
Old 09-20-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nine days is a great start. Keep going, it gets better.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You got this one!!! Great job very happy to hear!