Notices

Now and again i play over someone close

Old 08-18-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now and again i play over someone close

to me funeral omg then I snap out of it and say god forbid, I know I have lost lots but need my thought pattern to turn positive and not dwell on what ifs, any tips would be good, have a great day everyone
Old 08-18-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well mummyto2 you said you were going to learn french to me that's positive
Old 08-18-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes your right thank you, strange thoughts though I have sometimes, have a good day
Old 08-18-2017, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think we all have strange thoughts at one time or another you have a good day to.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, the answer to that is living in the moment. As a wise old Scotsman in my home group puts it. "If we go around with one foot in yesterday and the the other foot in tomorrow, sure enough you're going to pee all over today." (For added authenticity just insert a broad Scots accent).

It's unlikely that we will reach the stage where we dont let our thoughts drift to the past or future in unhelpful ways. The answer is not to stop it happening, but have a constant willingness to gently bring your thoughts back to the now. It's easy, when the feathers of fear are ruffled, to velcro ourselves to those fleeting thoughts because they seem important, or significant or US. But they are just thoughts. One AA speaker (Bob B I think) likened it to trains pulling into a station. Saying that "we can just watch some go by - we don't have to jump on every damned train that pulls in." I liked that one for some reason and have used it as a reminder a few times now.

BB
Old 08-18-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

yes Berrybean my mind wanders off sometimes, and I keep saying leave the past live in the present and look forward too the future, have a good day