Notices

Failed again

Old 08-03-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Failed again

Just lost a job (dream type job) after a week. Had been drinking in the evenings during the week then got after it on the weekend. Called in sick Monday and was so depressed I couldn't get out of bed. Tuesday rolled around and still couldn't get to work or call anyone. Since I didn't check in at work I got fired.

My wife (who no longer lives with me) took me to the ER where I'm being detoxed. I'm headed for a couple days in the psych ward next and then need to find an inpatient treatment center.

Anyone have suggestions on finding residential care? I have anxiety and depression and a fresh diagnosis of bi-polar to go along with alcoholism. Looking for something that will treat them in tandem.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Iowa, I don't know anything about residential care - but I'm so glad you're getting the help you desperately need. I reached that point too - so weak and sick I couldn't move. This is about to be part of your past. You will get free of it - and you'll never have to go through this misery again.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Iowa! You have found a good place here.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would speak with the hospital while you are there, they should be able to get everything in line for you to get into rehab.
Sorry to hear about the job loss, but that's a great thing you're doing to get yourself the help you need to get back on your feet!