Notices

Nelsan Ellis

Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nelsan Ellis

Apparently this guy was an American actor and his claim to fame was being in the HBO series True Blood (never seen it). He recently died in what was initially said to be complications of a heart condition. Well today it came out that he went into tachycardia while in full blown alcohol withdrawals and his heart could not handle it and he died of cardiac arrest.

I post this simply as a reminder that alcoholism can be a deadly disease. I know that when I went through withdrawals my heart was POUNDING and I thought I was going to die for sure. Turns out I wasn't that far off base, because it could have killed me. Counting blessings today.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that is scary. I know a couple times during withdrawals the heart palpitations were bad enough to get me up out of bed. they would only start while laying down and sitting up and having a glass of water would relieve them. I probably shouldn't have taken them so lightly.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's sad and scary.

My last two withdrawals were terrifying to include inconsistent heart beats...palpitations. How is it possible to allow ourselves that level of pain? The addiction and irrational traps become so incredibly strong.

Drinking myself into the frigging oblivion knowing full well my body was being punished. I'm certain my BAC on a few occasions was well within scary limits.

Ugh. Makes me shudder. SR is helping to save lives. Thanks for sharing...
Old 07-11-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Apparently this guy was an American actor and his claim to fame was being in the HBO series True Blood (never seen it). He recently died in what was initially said to be complications of a heart condition. Well today it came out that he went into tachycardia while in full blown alcohol withdrawals and his heart could not handle it and he died of cardiac arrest.

I post this simply as a reminder that alcoholism can be a deadly disease. I know that when I went through withdrawals my heart was POUNDING and I thought I was going to die for sure. Turns out I wasn't that far off base, because it could have killed me. Counting blessings today.

Forgot to mention, he was only 39 years old.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So very sad.