Notices

24 hours a day meditation

Old 06-02-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 hours a day meditation

I am sober a few days. I am wondering if anyone would like to discuss today's meditation in the 24 hours a day book.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello SummerSailor,

I do not have the reading, but I do have some feedback on a Meditation I use, which also helps me to access that 'objective, disassociated place inside' when I utilize the 'Pause When Agitated' concept / tool from AA:

This a quiet-mind meditation (Not a one-with-the-universe, or walk-on-the-seashore-visualization)
.... I Sit in a quiet space. I typically allow approx. 20 Minutes, more if possible or preferred at the time.
.... I Say the 3rd Step Prayer, or modify it to any preference that is asking for God to search inside me, and to reveal Himself thru doing a New Work in me.
.... Then I sit quietly and let my mind go silent. I am expressly ‘Waiting before the Lord’.
.... As thoughts or feelings arise that want to grab my attention, I let them go. I Do this repeatedly as thoughts or feelings arise to grab control. I repeat the Prayer after a time, to reinforce I am specifically dedicating this time in quiet reverence.
.... In doing this, I recognize the processes inside myself that are Screaming Desperately to be in control. (My ‘Ego’, or ‘Flesh Nature’ or ‘Lower-Consciousness Self’, or ‘Self-Will-Run-Riot’, or ‘Lower-Base-Nature’, etc). In so doing, I recognize what is desperately clamoring for control … is NOT my Spiritual Nature. The ‘Me’ that is learning to let that internal clamoring go, and not give it the keys to the car … allows me to experience myself thru my Spiritual Nature. It is this ‘internal place’ where God’s Spirit can ‘have communion’ with my spirit.
.... This helps in my ever-ongoing process of developing a Prayer Relationship with the Creator of the Universe, who is also our Personal Creator.

RDBplus3