Notices

Day 3

Old 06-01-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I am beginning day 3. Again I slept amazing last night. More than likely due to the .5mg of Ativan. Today I'm going to try not to take any, again depending on anxiety levels. I am still very tired even though I slept great.

My head feels groggy which could be a combo of quitting drinking and my allergies. Took my allergy med about 20 minutes ago so hopefully that helps some.

I was too tired to get up early for the gym, but I brought my clothes with me to go after work. I'm off at the 2nd job tonight so I will have an evening alone with the pups. I will stay strong and not drink. After the gym, perhaps I will take the pups down to the park for a nice walk. They would enjoy that and it would get me out of the house aka my drinking spot.

Thoughts go out to all my fellow first week drink/drug free SR friends. It's tough but it's going to be soooo worth it!!!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Sinderos ...

Getting Free, and staying Free ... It is soooo worth it.

RDBplus3
Old 06-01-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Outstanding! I'm going on Day 2. Surprised I made it w/out giving in last night to 1 beer, but I sooooo wanted to. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.
Happy for you at 3!
Old 06-01-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hooray for day 3! You're lucky about the sleeping... It took me a while to start sleeping normally again. Feeling groggy/in a sort of fog is totally normal the first week. I love your positive attitude about this new lifestyle you've begun!!
Old 06-01-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Wonderful update! CONGRATS!

Please give yourself a wide berth.

I am on day 13 and I still havent started yoga, but I will (actually maybe TMI, but I am on my period so not pushing anything) soon.

the most important thing is staying sober for me. Anything else I need or want in my life can take a back seat until I am on more stable sobriety ground.

But, hey... The apartment is clean every day... which is a totally different reality than it was for years of my life. Just a clean, pretty home is HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Baby steps.

Keep updating us!

ENJOY YOUR HANG OVER FREE DAY <3
Old 06-01-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Sinderos

D