Notices

Sooo tired!!

Old 05-31-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sooo tired!!

Hey everyone!! Back in, 10 days. In the past I was lucky with withdrawal stuff, fairly mild but this time it's kicking my butt!! I'm so tired and anxious ... any help would be awesome!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Minion and congrats on 10 days. Unfortunately subsequent withdrawal cycles can get progressively worse. Being tired at 10 days is certainly not out of the ordinary, but you could get a checkup with your doctor if you have concernts - it's not a bad idea anyway after you quit to make sure everything is OK. Also make sure you are covering the basics...getting enough healthy food, drinking enough water, sleeping enough and taking breaks when you need to.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found that as time progressed my withdrawal became harder and harder every time I binged. Drink lots of water and eat something sweet. Hope you are felling better since writing your post.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Minion

As time went on, the most common and longest lasting of my withdrawal symptoms was anxiety.

I think the best healer is time - but a little light exercise - a walk around the block - helped me too

Hope you feel better soon

D
Old 05-31-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Our bodies talk to us, yours is saying it needs rest. I recommend getting good rest when you can. Maybe turn in a little early for a night or two.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Hey everyone!! Back in, 10 days. In the past I was lucky with withdrawal stuff, fairly mild but this time it's kicking my butt!! I'm so tired and anxious ... any help would be awesome!
I know how u feel im at 4 days after about a week binge. Im usually normal after 5-6 days. Thankfully never got worse or longer. how long were you drinking before you stopped this time?
Old 05-31-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fatigue is common in early recovery. I think our bodies and brains need time to readjust to normal functioning. Give it time.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yup, fatigue combined with insomnia and anxiety. It's the fuzzy end of the popsicle, alright. Good advice here; lots of water, if you can keep it down. Some sweets will help and when you can, some protein. Scrambled eggs or egg whites with a little salt but nothing else. Try finding something distracting on TV and get comfy. You may be there awhile. Keep you mind occupied to help the anxiety.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on day 13 and about an hour after I wake up I start to feel lazy, my eye lids feel like they weigh 10 pounds and my knees feel weak.
The minute I start to do something physical, yard work, house repairs etc. it goes away within 10 min and I start to feel energetic.