Penzu for online journaling - anyone use it?

Old 05-15-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Penzu for online journaling - anyone use it?

I've been looking for a decent online resource for journaling for a while & this might just fit the bill. (especially because it's searchable & taggable) I envision using it more like an unpublished blog than a true "journal", I think.

Have any of you used it?

https://penzu.com/
Old 05-15-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

first i've heard of it and it looks very interesting! i did have a blog going, but set to private and still felt uncomfortable expressing myself. but i love to write! thank you for sharing, i'm going to investigate!
Old 05-15-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have not used Penzu but wanted to share that I have used Day One since 2010 and love it. I'm always interested in learning about new apps/programs and will look forward to hearing back on how well you like Penzu.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

... Ok, finally back to report that I've been using this app & I actually like it a lot!

I haven't come out of pocket to pay for the premium version but I really don't think I need it either. My checklist for this tool was pretty simple - I wanted something easy to use, accessible from multiple devices & private.

I can log in on my smartphone & use my text to talk feature & utilize some of my driving time to journal (that's often when I have my most active thoughts). I can copy/paste from my shares here & expand more fully on them in private there - idk about you guys but I often share a moment here but can't expand too much until I'm journaling due to anonymity, etc. This makes that transition super easy and I can share with my counselor using my phone during our sessions.

As it always happens, I stumbled across a great writing desk for my room & didn't even realize I needed/wanted it until I saw it at Goodwill so now I'm ALL set up!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info, FS. I had used another site some time ago (don't recall the name) but stopped when they started charging $5 a month. I know that's not a lot, but I was like "hey, I can just use Word on my computer for FREE!"

I may give this a try, b/c I truly truly don't like writing by hand, or at least not if I'm trying to get any serious amount of thoughts or ideas out of my head. There is no way I can hand-write quickly (or LEGIBLY!) enough to keep up w/the flow or to get much done in a limited amount of time, while I can type fairly fast, courtesy of my time as a medical transcriptionist.

Looking forward to giving this a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Thanks again.