To Whom It May Concern

Old 04-30-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool To Whom It May Concern

Something I posted in 2009...bears repeating, I need the reminder myself.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...

Ann will not be dwelling in the coulda's, woulda's, shoulda's today, because she didn't, wouldn't and shouldn't live in regret for how she might have been but instead will rejoice in the serenity of making her choices and living with the results, good bad or ugly.

To whom it may concern...

Ann will stay within her own hula hoop today and let everything outside of that hoop belong to the rest of the world and just focus on what is right for her and her recovery.

Just for today, Ann will walk the beach, play with her photography and find joy in nature and all the beauty that lies around her.

Time will be taken today to reflect on all her many blessings, the things that "are" and the path she has chosen, and not complain about little itsy things that really don't matter much anyway in the grand scheme of life.

Ann will be talking to old friends, catching up with those who have been neglected because she was so busy with her life that she forgot those who matter most to her and she will remember to tell them that she loves them for just being there and an important part of her life and who she is today.

This codie will share her light with anyone who looks like they could use a smile, a kind word, a small gesture today...not just because it may help make their day a little brighter, but because doing so makes HER life a lot better.

Worry and regret will be parked in the "yesterday and tomorrow" back lots and she will be moving forward in just living the life out of today, wringing every bit of good out of it, and leaving it to rest come evening.

Life will be celebrated today, love will be shared and her spirit will be lifted knowing that everything else will be handled by God who seems to do a pretty good job without her.

And...finally...

Ann will be having a good day, making wise choices, kicking off her sandals and dancing on the beach today, not looking around to see to whom it may concern.

Love you All

Anything you'd like to tell..."to whom it may concern" today?
Old 04-30-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

To Whom It May Concern:

Anvil is NOT going to the grocery store today for the weekly shopping. There is sufficient food on hand that starvation is not likely. Plus I DON'T WANNA.

To Whom It May Concern:

Anvil is NOT going to color her hair today. Yes the roots are showing, and yes the lovely Madison Reed coloring kits are here, but it just ain't gonna happen. Not today cuz I DON'T WANNA.

To Whom It May Concern:

Anvil is staying in her pj's ALL day. There are plenty of days ahead which require getting dressed and looking presentable, however today isn't one of them.

Anvil is taking it easy today. getting in some R&R. the world will not end if she does not fully participate today. in fact The Universe can probably get more done if she gets the hell out of the way now and then! therefore this is her gift to the rest of the planet!!!
Old 04-30-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lovely, Ann, and absolutely spot on, Anvil. I am saving this one.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ann, that's priceless. I love it!

Anvil, you cracked me up!

Thank you both.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful stuff, Ann & Anvil.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks all, please join in, surely there is something you need to tell "to whom it may concern"

Today I will remember to be grateful for friends like Anvil who make me laugh when I need to laugh most, and even when I don't.

Today I will "lighten up" and not react to every little thing around me. Bad drivers will find their own karma, grumpy people are about them and not me, and I will throw smiles and "thank you's" and small compliments around like confetti and embrace the joy I find in nature and children and spring.

To whom it may concern..

Stop the commercials and insinuations that I am "old" and therefore no longer beautiful. My white hair is the "natural blonde" that I sought in my youth and there are good memories in the wrinkles, especially those laugh lines, that I don't want to "vanish overnight". Nicole Kidman has nothing on me, in fact I have lots on her including an extra 20 pounds of loveliness that she will find herself one day. "Old is Beautiful"...start spreading the word!

Phewwwwy, that felt good. How about you, give it a shot!
Old 05-05-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good thread.

To Whom It May Concern: Today, I will not let negativity take hold and will make a conscious effort to continue to seek peace and personal growth.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, negativity is something I work to avoid too. I will think about what you said today and be inspired to look at my own part of the negative thoughts I let take over sometimes.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Ann)))

BTW - I love your avatar. Birds and flowers...wonderful gifts from God.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

To whom it may concern: I no longer consider it my job to listen endlessly to your problems & complaints. You never, ever pause to ask how I am or what's going on in my life. Our friendship is entirely one sided. It took me a long time to realize that. Find someone else to be a 'good listener'. I'm out.

Hey, Ann, that did feel good.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

To whom it may concern: Today I'm going to live in the moment like my dogs do, and enjoy the little things.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hev, I too have left one-sided friendships behind and removed the "doormat" from my mind. Shake out the negative and embrace the positive, that's how I live today.

Least, cats and dogs "know" the secret to peace and love and joy. We can learn from these critters.

To whom it may concern...Ann will be unavailable for housework, laundry or mundane tasks today, she will be somewhere in nature watching for baby osprey, wild turkeys and the small herd of deer she saw in a field by the forest yesterday. She may find them, she may not, but the journey will bring joy and that's what today is all about.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Baby Osprey!!!!

Yesterday I saw two clutches/four fledglings! They were near tree top level and flapping like crazy. Several miles apart, so it's Fledge Week!

Today I will take time to slow down to God's time. No frantic To Do list, the sun is out and the green beckons. Tomorrow I will look for that job. Yes.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

To whom it may concern....Ann will be racing across country to see Bim's fledgling osprey and share the wonder of new birth every spring.

Watch out for me Bim, I'm the old lady who drives like a teenager, don't fuss, I'm no trouble and will bring my own binoculars and camera.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

To whom it may concern:

I don't have to put up with your verbal, emotional or physical abuse. So, I will sit here comfortably in my livingroom, enjoying the company of my dog and my computer with my AC blowing nice cool air, WITH the door SHUT! I will enjoy the day and tomorrow in court I will stand strong against abuse.

To whom it may concern:
Later in the day after it cools a bit, I will plant my elephant's ears bulbs and my herbs. The spot is already dug and I didn't even need you to man the shovel!

To whom it may concern:

Later, after the herbs are planted, I will treat myself to a delicious meal, a glass of iced coffee, and enjoy the sunset.

To whom it may concern:
I like the choices I've made in my life lately, and I like the peace in my home. I like having "one less bell to answer, one less egg to fry"!

To whom it may concern:
I like having my money in my wallet and at my disposal instead of spending it on your share of the rent, utilities, food, gas to run to get your beer. I like spending it on my garden and on me.

To whom it may concern:
I like being happier without you, than miserable with you. I can't thank you enough for leaving!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Pajama62
To whom it may concern:
I like the choices I've made in my life lately, and I like the peace in my home. I like having "one less bell to answer, one less egg to fry"!
Pajama, I remember that song and your post made me smile.

To whom it may concern...I will be cheering Pajama62 on tomorrow, standing up and applauding her courage, if only in spirit but you just watch that judge sit up and take notice.