Notices

Day 5 and weekend coming!

Old 04-21-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and weekend coming!

Ready for a booze free weekend! Not much to say. Worried i can't get to AA today...very busy. But considering ducking out of team lunch to go. Want to seem like a team player, but also need to stay sober and Fridays almost always trip me up. Thoughts?
Old 04-21-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I advise do what you need to stay sober this weekend.
I had to put recovery first. This meant missing work to go to meetings and turning down social functions.
I did whatever it took to try and stay sober when I finally got serious about it.
Best to you one day at a time.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Definitely recovery first
Old 04-21-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KM0816 View Post
Thoughts?
24 hours a day reading for January 6
AA Thought for the Day
Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink.Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing.

Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Meditation for the Day
I will discipline myself. I will do this disciplining now. I will turn out all useless thoughts. I know that the goodness of my life is a necessary foundation for its usefulness. I will welcome this training, for without it God cannot give me this power. I believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right way.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary. I pray that I may be fit to receive God's power in my life.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all! So, proof that the devil tries to get us off our path. I was on my way to the lunch time meeting, excited to go. Then, I started feeling sick to my stomach and couldn't go. I am not sure if it was food, but I've felt kinda unwell all week, probably due to withdrawl. I used to chalk stomach stuff up to food, but I know it's probably all related. Anyway, I didn't go to that meeting, but I am here posting and will keep checking in. I can already feel my resolve starting to dwindle as the day goes on. It's like that AV is getting LOUDER and LOUDER. Trying to convince me it is ok to drink, it's the weekend...UGH! I am going to freaking do anything I can to not do it, if it means tying my hands down.

Me hitting my AV.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there... I am on day 3 and had a few concerns going in to the weekend. I have cancelled my Friday night plans and will be probably going to bed early.
Going in to the weekend is always a tough one to me so I am cradling this baby as tightly and as close as I can. Staying sober is the number 1 priority.
You got this!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big grats on day 5
Old 04-21-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

" Trying to convince me it is ok to drink, it's the weekend...UGH! I am going to freaking do anything I can to not do it, if it means tying my hands down."

I went to meetings while going through chemo. take 6 months worth of hangovers, wrap them up into 1.
that would have felt good compared to how I felt going through chemo.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fridays are a major trigger for me. How ya doing?