Notices

Day 36 - 5 weeks sober today!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 36 - 5 weeks sober today!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to check in as haven't been on here in a while. Well, I think I checked in on Day 30 and later on that day my Dad fell through the garage roof and nearly died...so you could say I have been a bit busy haha! He's all good asides from breaking a few ribs and having a bleed in his head...recovering well.

But yeah, this event was definitely the first real test of my newfound sobriety and I've done really well. I thought about drinking a few times, but didn't. I'm at my parents home and have had to stay longer than I was going to. Mum has wine mosts nights and I'm getting used to being around it and not having it, though I've had a few jealous pangs almost...a couple of times my stomach has lurched at the sight of it, as in I want it but I am scared of it at the same time. But it soon passes and I am always always glad I didn't give in to it.

Definitely drinking a lot of coke zero at the moment, which I guess I will have to address at some stage haha...and eating a bit of chocolate, but hey...sugar ain't the priority right now! I reckon I've lost about 3kg so far, starting to sleep better and my skin has been pretty bad but is finally starting to clear. Overall, feeling way more clearheaded and a lot more productive. I'm doing more writing than ever before which is great and enjoying listening to podcasts especially HOME Podcast which is all about sobriety/addiction - it's great!

It's definitely not easy by any means, but it hasn't been as hard/as bad as I thought it would be. I've struggled to quit for years and years but something seems to have clicked into place finally. I know that this is the right way forward for me...I want to live a life that feels great and I want to be able to feel good about myself MORE than I want a glass of wine today. Gonna to strive to stay here.

Thanks for reading xxxxYou_Rock_
Old 04-20-2017, 10:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! That's excellent.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job! Five weeks stands out as a mark for me- I was really sick when I quit and it was around then things were enough better to participate more in the world than just home and meetings.

Keep going! It just gets better. Especially when tough family stuff, work stuff, whatever- Life!- shows up.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Kelly. I found my sleep, looks and well being kept getting better and better for 3 or 4 months at least, so I'd say you've got a lot more to look forward to.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your milestone with us Kelly - great stuff!

D
Old 04-21-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best