Sons girlfriend died from overdose

Old 04-16-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sons girlfriend died from overdose

The last month or so has felt like a year. So much has happened. My addict son reconnected with a friend after they both spent time in prison, both had 18 months or so of clean time, she contacted him, not that it matters, but she was as he put it "perfect". She gets me. He had relapsed back in December around the same time my mom died. This time he didn't go off the rails and seemed to be maintaining day to day. The transition is difficult when you go from a structured environment, literally having to ask permission to use the bathroom, to the world is your oyster. Its all not clear yet, and there are more questions than answers, but they both started using, separately , hiding it from one another, then together, (but is there such a word as together when you are an addict), he was asleep and heard a noise in the bathroom, went to see what happened and found her, he tried to revive her, she was still breathing, called 911, and they took her away, she didn't make it..... He is in shock, numb, doesn't want to talk to anyone, see anyone, feels he should have helped her. ( this was her 2nd overdose), He could barely pick out flowers for her funeral, yesterday was the funeral , he didn't make it, and I know some people deal with things differently, I was raised to attend funerals, numerous funerals, but he couldn't go, it was a wonderful service, her sober coach talked about her life, and stated that she found Jesus while in prison, so she knows she is with the Lord and we are thankful for that.
Talking to her sister, she wanted to make sure he knew that she didn't blame him, and that he did everything he possibly could to save her. I believe he is back using again, and I am fearful for his life. please send prayers. Enjoy each moment with your addict when you can, they may not be living the life you want them to live but they are living life the best they know how.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Empathy and compassion to you and your son.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers for your son humbled, I'm sorry.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gentle hugs and prayers for you and your son.