Notices

10 months and saw my bender buddy

Old 04-10-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 months and saw my bender buddy

It's ten months. Yeah, I'm happy, and yeah, I feel better. I'm more productive than ever. But, I'm not beaming happiness and joy like some people are at 10 months. I still feel like I'm missing out. It's intellectually stupid since I almost died in the hospital from this disease. As someone else mentioned, it's not that I want a casual drink here and there, I want to be able to go out and have fun once and a while. For me, though, it can't happen. I'm under no false illusions at all.

So, here I am, 30 lbs heavier to boot. I was 120 when I got out, 150 now. I was wasting away.

anyway, I was avoiding my bender buddy for the past 18 months. finally saw her yesterday in a neutral setting. I'm ready to be friends again and go hang out. Our kids are the same age.

I'm happy I've made it so far, I just hesitate to say that life is just glorious and so much better now.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ten months is truly fantastic but, in the world of sobriety, it's still early times. The best is yet to come; I promise.

Be careful around your bender buddy; does she know that you are serious in your commitment; does she she you support you in your efforts?

Congrats on 10 months - keep on !!!!!
Old 04-10-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big congrats on 10 months - Do you think it's a good idea meeting up with someone who you used to go on benders with though ?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Give the ol' "bender buddy" the link to SR. Otherwise, tell her to shove off. You've got stuff to do.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi notgonnastoptry

It took me a fair time to build a life I loved, and didn't want to escape from.
Good things take time.

I also understand you want support and understanding and old friends are a good way to get that - but if she's still drinking I really think you need to think this through...

feeling like you're missing out, throwing in a bender buddy - thats a rich, even heady, mix..

unless you're rock solid in your commitment to recovery, you're likely to find trouble.

D