Divorcing/Separating - Class of 2017 April Check Ins

Old 04-07-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorcing/Separating - Class of 2017 April Check Ins

Hi Classmates - I hope you're all feeling some amount of peace this month. Just wanted to check in with all of you. Sorry to be starting up late in the month but I'm working on a big project at the office. The cool thing about this project is that I don't come home every night to a drunk person calling me useless, lazy, worthless, spoiled, etc. That peacefulness has really helped me keep it together during this busy time.

On the less peaceful side, it seems that my STBXAH is getting triggered occasionally when he becomes aware that I'm interacting with the outside world and enjoying it - not dating, just going to fun events with friends once every few weeks, hanging out with my family or planning a trip. I don't bring my activities up, but he's aware of them because we share a child. When he gets triggered, he calls me the next day - drunk- and wants to talk about our financial settlement.

Originally, he was going to let me wait to buy him out of our home after our child graduated from high school - not anymore. That's fine. In essence, I'll be renting my home from the bank after I refinance, but I can live with that.

Originally, we were going to split of the contents of our home very informally. We don't have a lot of stuff and the valuable things are his separate property. However, something triggered him the other day and he started calling (I didn't pick up) and then texted "Is Easter Sunday a good day for the moving truck?" Um, for what? He wanted to come pick up what I "promised" him in an email. Well our divorce isn't final and no, Easter Sunday isn't a good day. This came out of the blue. I told him that if he violated our temporary orders by removing items from our home I would call the police. His answer - "Why the drama?" This after he had been in our home the evening before after bringing the child back from visitation and everyone, including him, was as pleasant as pie. Oh well.

I hope you are all doing well on your respective paths. I wouldn't be enjoying this beautiful Spring day, watching my kid play with his friends had I not found Sober Recovery. It helped me save my life. Love to all of you. Let us know how you're doing this month. I'm just trying to get to the finish line of divorce.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have only been on here for 2 weeks. New to all of this. That stinks ur AH is being a jerk. Hope it gets better.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI All. My divorce was done in January. Now I am waiting on the financial settlement. XAH refusing to negotiate- probably will go to court. The next date is a 15 minute meeting with judge and both lawyers on June 21. Ugh.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,
I filed for divorce in January 2016, had first hearing in March 2017. It's been 5 weeks, and still no decision from the judge. Not divorced yet!!
Z
Old 04-12-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Aw, Z, I can't believe it's taking this long. You're a trouper!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, I guess I didn't realize just how easy I had it...my hat is off to those of you who are having to live with this hanging over your heads for weeks and months and more! What a great job of detaching and getting on w/your own lives, really impressive.