Notices

I slipped again....

Old 03-31-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I slipped again....

But it wasn't a full out binge, thankfully. I had to be at work early today and I made it in time. But I'm feeling awful about myself now. I AM committed to being sober tonight after work and this entire weekend! I had a plan for the weekend, but I think subconsciously I drank last night so I could actually get thru the weekend. Got the craving out of the way, but I could have used my tools to overcome the cravings. That's what I will do starting right now. It's gonna be a good sober weekend with my daughter! That's what I have to look forward to after work today. 5 more hours on my shift...seems like forever ugh! I want to be with my baby girl! I love her so much! I'm thankful she is in the same building with me at work, but I'm ready to be home and be SOBER! I hope my new recovery books come today so I'll have some reading to do.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Posting before you drink can often prevent those Day One posts after you drink. But I get the impression you planned to drink. That's going to make sobriety a challenge. I hope you figure out how to leverage the support for your recovery.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If your books are not there come back here! We're open 24 hrs.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LoveHateMerlot

Good job getting back up on that horse, bronzie! Hold your baby tight! What a good mommy! xoxoxo
Old 03-31-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Posting before you drink can often prevent those Day One posts after you drink. But I get the impression you planned to drink. That's going to make sobriety a challenge. I hope you figure out how to leverage the support for your recovery.
Great suggestion. I didn't really plan to, I had a rough day at work yesterday and there was alcohol in my fridge (a few leftover beers and wine). Today is a longer day at work, but not as chaotic. And I have NO alcohol in my house now. I'll keep posting here. Thanks for your response.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
If your books are not there come back here! We're open 24 hrs.
I definitely will be here! But I tracked the package and it said arriving today! I expect it in my mailbox when I get home!
Old 03-31-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveHateMerlot View Post
Good job getting back up on that horse, bronzie! Hold your baby tight! What a good mommy! xoxoxo
Thank you so much! That just made my day hearing that! I love my 2 girls more than anything! I Just want to be here for them! I can do this!
Old 03-31-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

You got this Bronzie x
Old 03-31-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
You got this Bronzie x
Thank you Soberwolf!
Old 03-31-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be easier in situations like that if your house was an alcohol free zone - is that possible for you. Bronzie?

D
Old 04-01-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It would be easier in situations like that if your house was an alcohol free zone - is that possible for you. Bronzie?

D
I hope that's the case for bronzie. It isn't for me, however. My husband drinks and likes to have alcohol at hand. He is not an alcoholic, though. We also have a live-in guest (friend of my husband's) who's a big drinker. My husband is away and will be back next weekend, at which time I'll tell him i've quit. I doubt it will change the alcohol situation in our house though... I'll have to stick to my plan/strategy to get through this.

Bronzie, rooting for you to be and stay sober!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A wise person once posted somewhere @SR
'Don't drink. Drinking is dumb..
Keep posting.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Yes, my house is usually an "alcohol free" zone, so it's not always in the house. But my stepdad does drink occasionally and will have alcohol around. But this past time, it was leftover beer that I had bought last week. I should have just poured it out!
Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We don't 'slip'.

It's not an 'oopsie'.

We choose to drink. We don't choose it subconsciously. We allow our will to be taken over by habit and addiction and the false promise of the substance we CHOOSE to put in our bodies.

So, you chose to drink.

Now..... it sounds like you have a desire to stay sober. That's good. But desire isn't the same as choice.

What I finally figured out for myself was that all the desire in the world would amount to nothing until I CHOSE sobriety. All my failures to stop drinking? Well those weren't slips. Those were already planned in, lurking in the shadows just beyond the bright and shiny bull**** of my stated desire.

You gotta just choose it. Once and for all. Then support that choice relentlessly with sober action.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
We don't 'slip'.

It's not an 'oopsie'.

We choose to drink. We don't choose it subconsciously. We allow our will to be taken over by habit and addiction and the false promise of the substance we CHOOSE to put in our bodies.

So, you chose to drink.

Now..... it sounds like you have a desire to stay sober. That's good. But desire isn't the same as choice.

What I finally figured out for myself was that all the desire in the world would amount to nothing until I CHOSE sobriety. All my failures to stop drinking? Well those weren't slips. Those were already planned in, lurking in the shadows just beyond the bright and shiny bull**** of my stated desire.

You gotta just choose it. Once and for all. Then support that choice relentlessly with sober action.
Very good point. Desire vs Choice. I could have made the choice to pour those down the drain, but instead I chose to open them and drink. I did not "slip" I made the wrong choice. I have to CHOOSE sobriety every time.
Thank you for the reply. I will note this in my journal. I jot down things that I read here and advice people on here give to me, so it will stick and I will make the right choices going forward.