Notices

Early morning brain

Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Early morning brain

I opened my eyes this morning still in between sleep and waking. My head was slightly hurting. I immediately sat up and " THE ****? DID I DRINK LAST NIGHT? AM I HUNGOVER?" ..... H says "No, you were dreaming.

Sweet baby Jesus.

Have a good day Y'all.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And they are so real....remember to re- orientate. Remind yourself dreams are just jumbled up stuff- they are not real and they cannot hurt you. They do not mean you will drink or you are bad or anything but ransom thoughts racing around your brain at starwars speed.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I thought the whole thing was comical. Thankful for another morning of sobriety.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Our brains are crazy, early on!!!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had a few of those. One of two I remember the most distinctly had me jolting awake and going to the kitchen/living room terrified that the detritus I usually left on a night of drinking (so, every night) would be all over. The relief when I realized it was a dream....

The other one or two I remember best were a little more recent (maybe 2 mo ago - I am 13 mo and change sober) and had jumbled details both real and not from my life (ie, I had a sister- I don't IRL- and I was at the Masters- that part was plausible bc I've been - etc) and pretty funny.

Gratitude is so powerful!!!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Drinking dreams can be very disturbing, I am nearly 27 months sober and I had one out of the blue the other day. It was unsettling.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

During my first 50 days or so I was dreaming like cracy. It looked like you would run a windows computer, had "automatic updates" turned off and now after years of drinking, suddenly turn it on. It then would install and install and install. Bute it gets better over time, I now, day 200, di not dream a lot anymore.