Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Help 9 daysNew to being sober ( days on oiates and a whole other list)

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey hows it going everyone . Im new to this forum and usually dont post due to social anxiety from using. Im 9 days clean from herion ( IV use) I recently had a gradually increase from xanax and pain killers to smoking and shooting herion in the past 3 years. Recently herion and the shooting began a year ago. I smoked for 3 months on and off when ever I could get going through moderate withdrawls. Living life and geting used to that feeling made me only want to get high worse. After being sober from smoking last Sept I got job and shot some, it lingered until i ran out of cash and got fired on christmas i decided to try to get clean, a month went by and I dablled once and got a job but relased a little so my groggy ness and unpleasant feeling around people came back. I started drinking then before u know it klonopin. Went to work got fired for eating ice cream... flipeed off the boss, went home bought some herion, Overdosed and my brother found me and brought me back lucky to be alive. Im 9 days clean would be 13 if I didnt use a little piece, that little piece had devastating effects on my recovery. I am having a hard time ealing with emotions and life cause I really dont like to use I just feel trapped by my family and expectatuions that arent me. Yesterday I went on a long walk and the seemed to really bring the spirit back in me hopefully ill do the same today without any dark run ins. Id like to hear some advice I read alot and desire peace naturally more than using drugs I like fishing and am very smart, certain family members who are also addicts trigger me and manipulate me. I have more to story if anyone can help
Old 03-18-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Elirion. There is a lot of support and knowledge here. Keep posting. Good luck and many prayers.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All is Change

Welcome. You will find this place welcoming and helpful. I'm glad you are here.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I aslo have to deal with my annoying brother always being high and bothering me trying to say dumb ass little stupid **** projecting his feelings on me (which is usually waiting for more dope) rubs off and I need to get away
Old 03-18-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Elirion

My drugs were alcohol and weed but posting here really helped me.

It meant a lot that people cared and understood - and they helped me get through those times when I really wanted to get wasted.

I'm glad you found us

D