Notices

Lots of first this week....

Old 03-17-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Lots of first this week....

Hi All. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

I travelled for work this week and overall it was a good experience and I enjoyed it. I was travelling with colleagues and there are quite a few of us and most of the others drink.

My first 'first' was waiting for our plane at the airport. My boss bought a glass of champagne (always my drink of choice) and as the table was small it sat right in front of me. I had my strongest AV moment, it told me to pick up that glass and just have sip! Up till that point I wasn't experiencing any trouble or even thinking about drinking. I just said in my head 'No' and it passed.

Dinner that night, everyone was drinking and I had no problems at all. Mini bar in my room? I called my sponsor. Flight home, offered wine and said I'll have coke thanks.

I got through it all and I didn't drink. I am now in no doubt whatsoever that my Higher Power will always stand between me and that first drink....all I have to do is follow that path.

I had never believed in a power greater than myself but since my very first meeting my HP has protected and guided me.

Today is my Daughter's birthday, I wanted to make her custard tarts. The pastry I had was off so I had to buy more even though I could not afford it. As I walked to the supermarket despairing about money, in my head I cried and said 'God, I'm so tired of this struggle'. There in front of me was $5 and no one around. The exact about I needed to buy the pastry.

Apologies for the cheesy waffling but I'm just so amazed and grateful for this small miracle I had to share it.

Thanks for reading and Prayers to all of you xx
Old 03-17-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great week of progress Scruffanie - proud of you
Old 03-17-2017, 10:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LoveHateMerlot

I love hearing about God's miracles, thanks for sharing! God bless you and your daughter! Great job, mommy! xoxoxoxoxo
Old 03-17-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 03-18-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My partner always says "just a coincidence " when I mention any HP moments. I tell him, "yeah maybe it's a coincidence. .. but there always seem to be a lot more coincidences when I pray about things. " (Things I need anyway... not so much just stuff I want).